Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was pleased to see more water and less ice when I fed this afternoon. Thankfully, we got up to 33 today! Back down to 20 tonight and that should be the end of it - for now anyway!

Noticed the little buckling chasing his mama around trying to nurse repeatedly. She's a pretty good mama but definitely doesn't want him nursing while she's eating. He hasn't had a chance to learn how to eat feed because of all the other larger, piranhas out there. I got him set up in a pen that only he can access and introduced him to pellets. He was a quick learner, lol. He didn't eat a lot - but he did eat. He'll have feed in his creep area from now forward. I'd like to get him sold by the time he's 8 - 10 weeks and he needs to be eating well by then.

Need to find food. Leftover bean soup and cornbread I guess. Love me some leftovers, lol.

Need to start thinking about what kind of food and/or snacks for the Texans watch party this week. Chili sounds good - white chili sounds better.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horses enjoyed a little green on green mtn. today. Kinda dark - pic taken at dusk.

IMG_5763.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horses definitely enjoy their time out on the green.

Headed to DS's for the game today. Made a big pot of chili yesterday to take today. I think chili is always better the second day so that's what I did. Have a pan of salted caramel brownies to go with. DDIL mentioned something about ice cream being mandatory with brownies. I like the way she thinks. Just need to be very aware of portion size.

As usual the Texans are picked to be the underdogs. Ugh! I sure hope this is our opportunity to prove otherwise!

GO TEXANS!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - next year!

Horses let themselves out in the pasture overnight. Not a big deal - I planted the rye grass for them, but I do try to control their access so it lasts. One of my mini's is a water lover, but tell me why she was wet up to (and including) her belly this morning? Who loves water when it's in the low 30's and windy? Wonder if she forgot where the pond was in the dark? Or is she just a water loving idiot?

We're included in the upcoming deluge. WHY? I do not need any more water! Don't want it either. Might be a good thing I have a Green Mountain - we might need it!