Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At old farm we had a pond. One of my fillies used to take a swim most every day. It was an obvious choice of hers. Others watched 😂 only waded in knee deep, to drink & cool off.

maybe she thought she was a lab...

we had a dog that thought swimming underwater was normal. we'd throw her rock in the pond (she liked to chew on specific rocks) and she'd go under looking for it. she wasn't a lab, but she loved water.

[edited, just posted pics of pics of her and puppies in my little wild kingdom thread]

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worried a little bit when we put in the pond that the sides would be too steep - but I guess I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It's quite possible that she just stood in the water and pawed. That's one of her favorite activities. Better out there around the pond than my water buckets, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor just texted he dumped out the rain gauge at 4 1/2”. More is coming.
Double UGH!! No lingering drought for you!

We've been lucky this morning - nothing yet. Looks like most of it is staying north of me right now. I have absolutely NO confidence that it will remain so, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm just glad you had that new pond to hold a good amount of it!!! Think what it would be otherwise. 😱

times like this you want a bigger and deeper pond plus a big water tank to fill up. i have no place for any of that so i'm really envious of those who have land to do things like this with.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up to crazy loud thunder and lots of lightening. Not the way I like to wake up. Came downstairs at about 5:30 and checked the rain gauge. We've had 1.57 inches so far since midnight. We didn't get any rain yesterday despite the heavy cloud cover all day. Quite over it!