Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Swim up here and visit me!
Since I got the pond, I've been determined to build a little pond raft. Maybe I'd better build it sooner rather than later, lol.

Family and friends keep sending me pics and ads for cheap kayaks, pedal boats and canoes. Nope! I'm going to build it myself! Tentative plans are for pvc and styrofoam. Mandatory accessories include a lounge/lawn chair, cup holders and an umbrella! :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Since I got the pond, I've been determined to build a little pond raft. Maybe I'd better build it sooner rather than later, lol.

Family and friends keep sending me pics and ads for cheap kayaks, pedal boats and canoes. Nope! I'm going to build it myself! Tentative plans are for pvc and styrofoam. Mandatory accessories include a lounge/lawn chair, cup holders and an umbrella! :lol:
How about this model?

download.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We receive some of DH's meds in styrofoam coolers each month. I will be taking advantage of the free resource.

There will definitely be a beverage holder of some sort...fishing pole holder too. Gun rack....hmmmm. Probably pass on the gun holder - or at least pass on a gun holder with gun on board. Don't wanna capsize and lose it, lol.

The prototype pictured above has no place for feet. I don't really want my feet dangling n the water so I'll have to come up with some type of lightweight deck. Pedals with flippers for propulsion? Then I could combine exercise with floating, lol. Or at least a paddle of some sorts since I don't have harness trained water birds. :hide

We topped out at the 5 inch mark on rain since Monday. Most of that came in the last 36 hours. Sure hope this is IT for awhile!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We receive some of DH's meds in styrofoam coolers each month. I will be taking advantage of the free resource.

good to have, somehow have to keep it from falling apart when exposed to weather/elements.

There will definitely be a beverage holder of some sort...fishing pole holder too. Gun rack....hmmmm. Probably pass on the gun holder - or at least pass on a gun holder with gun on board. Don't wanna capsize and lose it, lol.

i know, but someone specified redneck so it must have, truck, gun, dog and beer holder according to what few country songs i've ever heard... (i didn't write those songs go yell at them :) ).

The prototype pictured above has no place for feet. I don't really want my feet dangling n the water so I'll have to come up with some type of lightweight deck. Pedals with flippers for propulsion? Then I could combine exercise with floating, lol. Or at least a paddle of some sorts since I don't have harness trained water birds. :hide

look for an old bike being left out along the road and repurpose it to a paddle drive. :)

from experience those are fun but a lot of work to move, especially if you have a lot of luggage on board...

We topped out at the 5 inch mark on rain since Monday. Most of that came in the last 36 hours. Sure hope this is IT for awhile!

the pond has shown you her limits? :)