Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely. He has his phone and wears his Apple watch constantly and I always have my phone. The rule is that he's supposed to call me if I'm outside and he needs anything. But, he's stubborn and/or forgets. I actually was at the back door coming in when he fell. He managed to get himself up before I got to the living room. That's improvement!

I can also track his blood sugar on my phone. I can set alerts to go off if he goes either above or below a certain number. That helps immensely.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
TEXANS WON! They rock! It was a great game. DH slept through the whole thing minus the last 3 minutes, lol. But even the last 3 minutes were great!

Love, love, love my tractor. It's so much stronger than me. Used it to pull some panels up that were anchored to the ground by years of dirt and roots. Had to do that before I can do what I really need to do in another area. Thought I probably couldn't get the tractor through the gate that's there. I'm using the term "gate" loosely - it's just a stock panel and some clips. But - I think I'll get through it just fine. Making a few changes around here. Not a huge rush, but I'd like to beat the winter mud that sometimes lingers for months. I kinda told the Boers I'd get 'em some new fancy digs and I'm tryin' to keep my word.

Got some baby makin' going on around here. The new guy seems to be irresistible to the ladies. So, he got a date. Hank had a date also and Sampson is still a youngster, but he's a fast learner!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waiting for an update on the storm brewing in the gulf. Should become a named storm (Francine) today. If it heads our way, impact would likely be Wednesday. Of course - because that's the day of DH's spinal tap. ARGH! We've been waiting weeks for this so we could get some answers. Hope, hope, hope the storm keeps to a more eastwardly path and stays offshore until it passes us by.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m watching it too. Naturally I turned off the alarm this morning and slept until after 7 AM. I was tired. Not moving fast, but did get a load in the washer. Dryer is broke, so hanging clothes on wire I took off a spool originally bought for hot wire fence. Wire is strung on porch supports for the roof over the porch. Probably got 3 loads I need to get done today. Also got to work some dirt and get truck inspected and new license tag. Whew! I’m tired already! Go away storm!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully, it's going to pass us by - staying just offshore as it skirts the coast. However, my area could still get some strong winds and heavy rain. Hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My son was contemplating dragging up last night. He’s working on a spit of land on the Mississippi below New Orleans. Instead of shutting down the job and evacuating, they are still working. His camper is 45 minutes south, then an hour of packing it up. He said the roads were clogged up with people evacuating, if he leaves, he will have to go east. He’s not real happy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, we dodged a bullet here but it's definitely going somewhere and it won't be friendly when it arrives. Hope it doesn't continue to intensify.