Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The new goats probably think they've been dropped off in h.e.LL. They went from a sandy soiled high elevation home to rain and mud. Poor thangs! They haven't learned to love the groceries here yet. So, today I did a thing. Wasn't planning on doing it yet but did it anyway. I put one of my Nub/Kiko does with them and she's teaching them how to eat, lol. A little competition works wonders. Still impressed with how quiet and easy going they are. I kinda like it.

We were supposed to get tons of rain today and thankfully it's stayed east of us. However, there's stuff in the works. Tropical stuff that will likely do something to really pi$$ me off! Two systems out there that are suspected of wanting to merge. Oh great - that sounds like fun. And, we're supposed to get 'fall' Saturday but it'll disappear by Monday I think.

Nothing else going on. Testing for DH next week and hope to get a surgery date afterwards. Really hope/need/want some resolution to this problem asap.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
...I put one of my Nub/Kiko does with them and she's teaching them how to eat, lol. A little competition works wonders. Still impressed with how quiet and easy going they are. I kinda like it.

lol, hope the newbies don't learn any bad habits from the old-timers... :)

hope also that you both do get some resolution soon for the issues. it's been a long time coming.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
lol, hope the newbies don't learn any bad habits from the old-timers... :)
Are you saying my old goats have bad habits? LOL! Where would you ever get that idea? Except I cannot lie - I just had to chase a bunch of goats back to their own pen. Not totally their fault though cuz somebody didn't latch the gate properly between the two pens. Sigh....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ARGH! May or may not have another storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. May or may not head our direction. We've already had our storm of the year - don't need another one! I haven't totally finished cleaning up from the first one. I'm close, but not quite done. Just have a few small piles of branches to burn.

I tried to get a lot done yesterday but the stars were aligned against me. I did quite a bit but had roadblock after roadblock. Wanted to take down some fencing and reconfigure a pen. That didn't work out for me. I need the tractor to pull up some fence posts but couldn't get the tractor to them. I'll need to take down part of another fence to even get the tractor into the pen where I need to work. From now on all gates will be wide enough for the tractor. Shoulda/coulda/woulda done it right when those pens were built - but I didn't even own a tractor then, lol.

With another storm possibly heading this way my focus for today has changed. Need to get the last of the downed branches (from the first storm) burned today if it's not too windy. Don't want them scattered everywhere or saturated so they won't burn.

Need to set a chunk o' meat out of the freezer and get it cooked up for easy meals. Been meaning to do that for awhile. Time gets away from me...

DH fell yesterday while I was outside. Thankfully no harm done except for a squashed wicker basket and a broken picture frame. Poor guy - it's a terrible thing when your body betrays you. :(