Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD's hand is still very swollen and really, really sore today. She's on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory I think. She's tough (like her mama, lol) so I'm sure she'll be ok.

@tortoise - good to know. I figured you'd have an idea about that since you've dealt with so much. I feel decent today - dizzy spells aren't constant, just occasional. I went outside and finished the electrifying of the buck pen. I had skipped a 24 ft. section the other day, but I got it finished today. I noticed that I tire more easily, but I'm determined to stay active. I've got to pick up feed Monday. Unloading 12-14 bags of feed will sure let me know how I'm doing, lol.

BP was low yesterday - a bit higher today with the diastolic number in the low 90's. That's not normal for me... :hu

I'm sure it'll all work out...probably some bug or ear issue that'll pass. :)

DH is at work again. But, the good news is that he thinks another week or so and he'll be all caught up. His new boss LOVES his dedication. She should!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Enjoying some homemade granola on top of my yogurt this morning - and a cup of green tea. I've been wanting to try making granola for awhile and finally got around to it. It really IS easy! And, good!

Got a wild hair yesterday and decided I wanted a hairless dog for inside. Looked at a bunch of pictures on Google (pic credit). I just think they are gorgeous - and NO HAIR to vacuum! But, not really planning on following through with my "want" just yet - or never probably. But, I still think they are cool!

(This is what happens when I sit inside too much, lol)

upload_2018-8-26_8-48-45.jpeg

Need to get outside and see what hell and havoc has occurred overnight. Sigh....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They do look cool! I'd love a hairless cat.

How are you feeling today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought about a hairless cat - but I'm not really a cat person. Eh, that's not really right - I'm a cat person if they live in the barn and kill vermin! In the house I don't trust that they aren't walking all over my counters and table when I'm not looking.

Feeling pretty good today. Have noticed that the worst dizzy spells happen when I'm laying down. Had one last night and another one this morning, but nothing after I got up. Strangest thing. The research I've been doing points to something called Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

"Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is usually triggered by specific changes in the position of your head. This might occur when you tip your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn over or sit up in bed.

Inside your ear is a tiny organ called the vestibular labyrinth. It includes three loop-shaped structures (semicircular canals) that contain fluid and fine, hair-like sensors that monitor the rotation of your head.

Other structures (otolith organs) in your ear monitor movements of your head — up and down, right and left, back and forth — and your head's position related to gravity. These otolith organs contain crystals that make you sensitive to gravity.

For a variety of reasons, these crystals can become dislodged. When they become dislodged, they can move into one of the semicircular canals — especially while you're lying down. This causes the semicircular canal to become sensitive to head position changes it would normally not respond to, which is what makes you feel dizzy."

Some of the things I've read indicate that a blow to the head can cause these issues after the fact. Remember when I walked into the electric fence and felt like I got hit in the head with a hammer? I'm curious if that has anything to do with it. :hu

That concludes todays lesson on dizziness, lol. I've started doing some therapy that just includes specific movements of the head that are supposed to help. Only started them this morning so no conclusion yet. So, I've decided to just go on with life and pretend that this did nothing more than to put me even more behind in finishing "the list." :he

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's interesting. I do remember you telling us about that electric fence incident, it wasn't very long ago? But have you had any issues since then, or only now? I hope the therapy will help you. In the meantime be careful :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The shock to my head was a couple months ago. From what I read it doesn't have to be a recent head blow. Doesn't make much sense to me but I read it on the internet - so it must be true, lol! :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ears, eyes, BP -- most common things to affect equilibrium. I'd say, eat lots of potato chips, drink water and do the protocol for helping with the weird ear possibilities. None of which would hurt you, may help. Blood sugar drops? Stress? Yep, got my MD degree on internet!! :lol:

Seriously, hope you feel better quickly. Otherwise, do go see a "real" MD. Dizziness isn't fun (& often causes nausea, also not fun). Besides that, it isn't safe.

Hope DD is doing better soon. Since you mention another person in the scenario, I suspect the dog may have reacted to that. ? . As in protecting DD? Ya never know! Shame it happened but, seems odd to attack DD with such a history of interaction. :idunno

Feel better or go to doctor, ok?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really am feeling better - for the last two days the only dizzy spells have been in bed...go figger.

This is sad to say, but in the last year or so, with the DH's eye surgeries, a hurricane, mom and dad moving in, moving them to assisted living, deaths, funerals... I've laxed on my usual healthy ways. I've gained 12 lbs! This little dizziness issue has given me the kick in the butt to start to get my health back on my priority list. I can't slack anymore...getting' too old for that.

It's been 4 years since I've had any diagnostic blood work done so I'm going to try to get that taken care of so that I have a baseline to work with. Four years ago my numbers were pretty good - except for very high CRP (measure of body wide inflammation) and a vit d deficiency.

So, just got off the treadmill. Only went a half-mile and very slowly just in case I had a "spell." Happy to say that I still feel fine so no excuse not to keep it up. I'll get back on a little later this afternoon. Gonna rework the menu around here too. It's easy to cook crap when you're in a hurry, lol. I'm tired of cooking crap and need to get back to a healthier menu too. Geeze, I've got a lot of work to do, lol.

Ok - enough of that!

I'm trying to make the black garlic...figured out that my rice cooker keeps warm for 8 hours at a time - so I try to make myself go out to the garage right before bed and as soon as I get up to make sure it's on. Not sure how this is gonna work, but I'm gonna stay the course for now.

Eggs in the incubator are coming along. Had to take a couple of stinkers out - but still have 12 chicken eggs and 29 quail eggs going. I need to candle the chicken eggs again. The quail oughta start popping mid-weekish. Guess I should get the brooder set up and ready to go. That's another chore to get to today.

Stuff to do so I guess I should get busy.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like it is time for a good work over from the doctor. Get checked out. !2 pounds, sounds like what happened when Mom moved in with us. I gained 8 pounds and have not got rid of them no matter how hard I work or diet. :somad

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I agree on the check over by a doctor. Don't hit me, but I wish I could gain 12 lbs. When I had cancer I was down to 106 and I'm 5'6 tall. I managed to get up to 127 lbs now, which I'm thrilled with, but it's as hard or harder than dieting (for me anyway) The cancer was a heck of a health wake up call for me.