Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oops - it's www.safesheds.com

@Finnie

Because it's not "just" a shed.

Some of the specs:
  • Steel reinforced concrete storm shelter with 6" thick floor and 4" thick walls and roof (see how it's made);
  • 8' x 10', weighing in at 24,000 lbs. (12 tons);
  • Stucco exterior with your choice of 42 paint colors to mix and match;
  • 3/16" thick debris-tested steel door with 3 locking points and one easy-to-operate handle;
  • LED motion-sensing lights to make entry at night easy and comforting;
  • 6' 8" of headroom for your comfort;
  • Spacious interior so you can add beds, recliners, pet cages, emergency supplies, or shelving;
  • Low threshold and wide door for easy entry with mobility scooters, wheelchairs, or walkers;
  • Installs quickly with no need for additional concrete pad, saving you money.
  • Meets FEMA Pub. 320 (2015)
It's also bolted down to the concrete driveway. It's not going anywhere. The following two pictures are what convinced me to buy this particular brand.

1720461943813.png

1720462083986.png

"Seven people took shelter in a Safe Sheds storm shelter before the full force of the tornado struck them directly. The EF4 tornado tossed a full-sized pickup truck against the door of the storm shelter, bending it completely in half around the steel-reinforced concrete building before dropping it a few feet away in a crumpled heap. The people inside the shelter were uninjured and there was absolutely no structural damage to the storm shelter."

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm so glad it came back on so quickly! :)
Me too!! My son, who lives about 10 minutes away still has no power. His generator bit the dust yesterday so he came and borrowed my extra generator. I have a big one that runs the whole house and a smaller one as back-up to the big one. (yes - I may go overboard occasionally) It won't run his whole house, but it keeps the fridges/freezers and television going. I told them they could spend nights here so they could shower and sleep comfortably. So far, he's declined.

I'm doing some trimming of the downed tree in the backyard most mornings and evenings. Just using loppers on the smaller branches so far. Will need to progress to the chain saw soon. Goats love me lots right now, lol. There's also zillions of smaller branches down in the front yard. The sycamore tree turned loose of several large branches also. I've dragged most of those back to the pasture. There is a massive one that I'll need to move with the tractor.

Had the pre-op appt for DH yesterday.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DS got electricity back today - happy about that. Yay! Still a lot of places without. It's especially annoying when the traffic lights are out. P. I. A!

DH had his pre-op visit yesterday. Got a call today that the anesthesiologist won't touch him. Flat out refuse. This is the same place where he had to have CPR after his carpal tunnel surgery. They suggest having it done at a "real" hospital with an ICU onsite. Sigh... nothing is easy with this man. Have to wait now for whatever the doc decides is the next step. Little bit of a bummer because we were expecting to get this behind us next week. Of course, I'd much rather be safe than sorry!

I'm slowly trying to whittle away at the downed tree in the backyard. Goats are still loving it. May take weeks at this rate! Also started assembly on the bunk/trundle bed. Managed to get through Step 4 of 30 steps, lol. Even better - in only 4 steps I managed to put one piece on upside down. Argh! At least I caught it before I had any more done.