Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like your tree of life. It works on several levels but the idea of the light of the world shining out of the tree of life appeals to me greatly. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
That is going to be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see it in the next step.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thanks, its going places I promise.

Pics 17/18 shows something different..... I am glad it has past and I can post and mention that I built that hood.

http://hendelhomes.com/gallery-10/

For 18k square feet home, must have a lot of nice things to look at in the Villa Terranova pics 12/13 look pretty good.

http://windstarhomes.com/index2.php

I picked up the dining room window this morning and installed it before my stained glass lessons this afternoon. I found that since the bathroom window install, I caught on pretty good.

I leveled the window x2 and put it in. Its nice, 10x better than the 1966 windows that are installed. It sure is much warmer, and no drafts... :weee

Window by window, one at a time, we'll get there. Next step finish the bathroom and head back to the living room to remove the R-3 and replace it with R-13.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
It's gonna be beautiful. Wish you would keep the mold longer. It would be a good seller and I like the meaning behind it.
BTW- Happy Imbolc.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Wow! I love the 2 tone in the hood in the first link. I couldn't figure out which picture in the second link. Tree of life is beautifully proportioned! Is this what you do for a profession or is this just your tinkerings?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOVE the design...for the tree of life! I bet thats gona be just beautifull!! I cant waite to see the finished project.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, Jay, that first estate was crazy and your range hood looked fabulous. I looked through the rest of the homes pictures and was very impressed.

I wonder who wold live in a house like that? I think the picture I liked the most was the laundry room. The sink is to die for. And the floor..... It's the same as my laundry room.. Isn't that funny?

I think somewhere on that property there must be a guest cottage. I think that would be more my style.

Anyways, your tree of life lamps are great. Maybe when Green Tree Solar gets going I can commission you to make me a lamp as well.

One can dream.

gina

ps glad to hear about your windows. I bet the house is getting more smug every day. :thumbsup

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I'd be happy to build you a set of copper/stained glass lamps Gina, I also hope your business gets going for many reasons.

I finished up the dining room today, also in the design phase is new radiator covers for all the rooms, in copper of course. So I got up and made some fried taters w/ onions, dried mushrooms, garlic and stirred in some canned deer meat.

Soon after I got going on finishing up the dining room job. I put the paneling back up instead of dry wall because we are going to have everything dry walled at once. Instead ofr the aluminum and marble frame, the new window has a white frame and brightens the whole room up. I know its just one window, but its so much warmer, and just in 24 hours I can tell. It also seems to be nicer and look forward to getting the bathroom done to get started on the rest of the windows.

Its funny how one window can bring new spirit to a room, do you know what I mean?

I had put together some new craftsman style open shelves in our bedroom, they look very nice and added some much needed space for candles and such. I plan to make some lights for our room as well at some point in the near future.

I also purchased the wood to start the cabinet for the bathroom, I will be working on that in the evenings later this week. I am taking tomorrow night off so I don't get over whelmed and just drop all the things I need to get done.

Is it me or do you feel like you get the winter time blues? :tongue

Gina asked me a some time ago about garden planning, that, with keeping busy I try to keep those winter time blues away, but they seem to find me anyway. Though the days are getting longer, I find it harder to feel more positive when there is so much snow and the air is so cold. I don't miss the humid climate of tidewater and that does remind me why I wanted to come home to live.

You can always add layers or stir the fire in the cold, but you can't get away from the heat outside if you like working outdoors.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your prototype is looking good. I like the branches and how they move and morph as my eye goes to the top. What are your thought for the top of the fixture. How will you encapsulate the "tree of life" idea on the cap? Perhaps there is no cap....I've been thinking that this will be a hanging lamp.

First link: I LOVED the wine cellar DOOR. So gorgeous. I also know that the on diagonal, multi sized travertine(?) is so expensive to buy and to lay. Simply stunning.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't have the snow like you do Jay, but after being locked in the house for the past couple weeks with rain I was definitely feeling the blues. I think for me it's worse because I am staying in as much as I can to save money. I don't even need to take my kids to school, they walk. I spent most of my time cleaning up around the house and de cluttering. My poor husband suffers the consequences. Geesh, that man puts up with a lot.

Today though with the rain gone and the ground drying out we spent most of our day working in the yard and preparing the garden beds.

You do have a shop at home don't you? I think by getting out of the house and working on your lamps you can beat those blues as well.

Anything creative will help distract you. This coming from a gal who has never lived in snow. :hide

The window sounds great. let thew sunshine in. :thumbsup Do you coat the radiator covers so they don't tarnish? They must warm the room with their glow. Sounds like your doing great with all your winter projects. Getting lots done.

Keep it up. Spring is on it's way.

gina