Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Only light around tonight...

P1011679.jpg
P1011678.jpg

P1011676.jpg
P1011675.jpg

Did a drive around the unserviced roads and found nothing, around these parts unserviced means nothing will pass.

Still no power here from the grid, and everything is so far good to go.

As you can see there is about 7 new inches now, I think I planned well.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Temps in my house dropped 10 degrees just looking at your pics. I wish we had snow and not this darn mud, mud, mud. It rained all day yesterday and raining today. And I found water dripping from a window sill. I think the rain blew in that direction. Tempers are flairing around our neck of the woods. Everyone's ready for spring.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
Meriruka, you might know what your looking at in that glass cabinet in the dining room. Its years of auctions/yard sale adventures for glass re-sellers/collectors. DW is from England and couldn't work when she first moved here, so she studied glass items to re-sell on ebay for income. She is really good at glass stuff and we have a few pieces that I found as well. During preview of auctions, kids in tow, you could watch me feel glass stuff with my hands, eyes closed, feeling for imperfections. I became rather good, but DW is the champ glass spotter around these parts.

I miss going to auctions, what fun it is when you know what your bidding on... I got carried away once when we got a Fenton water decanter and 12 water glasses for 110.00. I was so excited I jumped up right after the auction closed and yelled YES!!! :weee :clap

Oh how the eyes gazed upon me by the other people in the room after I jumped/yelled. :hide We re-sold that lot and made some big bucks on ebay.
Auctions are so much fun! Long ago I realized I have no eye for what is valuable & what is not, especially when I see something that looks like junk to me go for hundreds. So now I just pick what I like & decide in my head how much I will spend to have it. That means that my house is decorated with interesting stuff that is not worth anything, but looks cool to me. What is interesting is when they pile a whole bunch of stuff you don't want with the one thing you do want. I went after a box of sheets and towels and got 15 boxes of junk and a giant broken tv for one dollar.
After wading through, I found an old Brownie camera, several ruffled kitchen aprons from the '50's, pillowcases made from old grain sacks and several other fun things.

Glad your power is back on, looks like you got buried. I keep seeing pics of mountains of snow everywhere else, but all we got was 4" then it rained all day and melted it all plus some already there from last week. I kinda feel left out.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Coming out of the garage getting ready to plow snow
ETA: Look at the pile of snow on the trash can!!!
P1011681.jpg

Snow on my truck
P1011682.jpg

Driveway coming down the shop, took me 45 minutes just to plow and get to the top.
P1011683.jpg

Here is a pic of shane trying to use his tractor to clear his Moms driveway with a blade on the back, he got stuck and got down to dig out. He continued to clear her driveway.
P1011686.jpg

The sun is shining right now!!! :ya

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I will not complain about our rain, I will not complain about our rain,............

Well maybe I will but I sure am glad that snow is yours and not mine.

I think most of the counrty is sick of the weather right about.......

NOW.

As pretty as that snow is in the pictures I know it has to be a major pain in the rumpus.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The cabinet looks great Jay.

The snow looks kinda fun, :hide. Sorry, I know it's a lot harder to deal with than it looks. glad to hear you are prepared. :thumbsup

Enjoy the down time. It sounds like your feeling a bit better.

gina

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
TVB- Yup that is a well used book, I know most of it, but I am always re-reading it which helps me remember little things I forget.

KC- LOL.... Well when this snow melts, there will be nud everywhere.

Wanda- Yes it is a pain, pretty thou... I am sure many folks are waiting for their planting season around these parts. The rest of the da today was blue skies and bright yellow sunshine, spring is coming because the color of the sun is turning. ( I might of made that up some years , it seems to change color to me during the different seasons. Fall/winter seems to be more white/yellw color in the evening, where as spring/summer it is more gold/yellow.) But pay me no mind, just pushing for spring!!!

G- Thanks, its filled and being well used already. Can we do a swap? I will send you a big ole box of snow, you can send me a box of grass clippings from your hill side? Just think, you and yours will be the only folks having a snowball fight in your neck of the woods!!!! :lol: :gig :lol:

Spotted 6 deer just beyond the wood line at dinner, slowly moving eating branches and making their way through the deep snow. I took some video.

DW the tree hugger... :hugs My wife, though I love her so is a tree hugger. I often kid her about it, and if I tell her were eating deer meat she always makes poor deer sounds (like aww... poor deer so forth) and I in smarty pants self wait for few minutes and ask her if her dinner is good. She always says yes, and I just smirk. She doesn't mind eating fish I catch, just the mammals. Heck, she loves the inland game birds I kill, often pushing to go get my limit every day during season.

Tonight Josh and I were looking at the big buck (no horns sexed him) and I said he would look good in my sights during bow season. DW got upset and said " can't you allow me to enjoy the beautiful animals once and a while? That's why we moved here" So I shut my mouth and thought...... :duc

"No it isn't, we moved here so that they would come into our back yard, and when they do I will harvest and we will eat them."

I thought it best to keep my mouth shut, as she was serous at the moment, and were in together all weekend. Keeping the peace...

Later I told Josh I thought he would be a good harvest next year. :thumbsup

ETA: I am feeling a wee little better, about out of ginger, but lots of tea still...