Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
We visited the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Art for one price, the whole family. DW had 20.00 off coupons which it only was 24.00 for the visit, which took us almost 8 hours to complete.

It seems I have had my KB set a little high for having so many pics on one post, so I lowered the quality just a little so that it is dial up friendlier. A personal friend of mine, Dale Chihuly, is the artist that blew/made all of the glass in the photos. We met at a show some years ago, later we would exchange work. I made him a sink and he made me some glass bowls.

P1011912.jpg
P1011938.jpg

P1011942.jpg
P1012107.jpg

P1011916.jpg
aaP1012091.jpg

P1011931.jpg
P1011926.jpg

P1011937.jpg
P1012018.jpg

P1012080.jpg
P1011966.jpg

P1012022.jpg
P1012011.jpg

P1011905.jpg
P1011923.jpg

This album is a must see!! Dial up friendly, and has some of the most beautiful flowers/pics I have ever seen or taken.
Below is the feed to view the album, about 240 different pics I think?!?

http://feed608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/modern_pioneer/plants/feed.rss

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just beautifull!! Thats exactly what a person needs in all this snow! Lucky you!!!! A great way to spend a day with the family...and a good price too!
ETA: I tried the link...no pics..just a bunch of codes and words! :(

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
The flowers are gorgeous....I just love orchids, they were my grandmothers favorites. She had many and spent a lot of time caring for them.

After she had her stroke and had to move into a facility, I wish I would have been wise enough to adopt a few of her babies. I did not realize at 22 that they woudl mean something to me after she was gone.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
You know Dale Chihuly?! You are so cool.

Just saw your previous pics -Giacometti is another of my favorite artists!
This one just sold for $104,000,000.00 dollars, I saw it and took a picture of it.
P1011879.jpg

Hard to find a cheap piece of Albert Giacometti these days. I have seen some smaller pieces at one auction I was at, but the reserve was never met so went back to the estate it came from.

I have a few fine pieces of Archimede Seguso pieces, two which are one ofs made by him during his animal expression period. We collect few piece from many different companies/people in different subject matters. If we like the piece and it speaks to one of us we'll purchase it below book.

During a live auction some years ago I saw a piece Dale did sell for 57,000.00 dollars. I also have some red chili peppers he did for my kitchen. It only took him a few minutes to make 6 peppers, awsome artist!! (thou I have heard him YELL at folks helping him make stuff, all do to stress time and temps of course, job related)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I can't believe you know Dale Chihuly.....wow. We saw his show in Atlanta at the botanical gardens when we visited my brother....just amazing!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I wanted to mention that the melt is on!!!! :hide :hu :hide :hu :hide

Blues skies and the sun came out this afternoon, how does that feel to ones soul? No kidding right!! After I made off with my new green house, another big :celebrate and a neat step to being SS.... What about the floors in it? Add water bottles? What should I do ????? :weee Now I will be putting it up/down in the season. I still plan to build my cold frames from my old windows. :thumbsup

I have hinted at it, but man old man winter had a grip on me this year. I think the feeling came along when I started to get sick, and I just never pulled myself back out of it. Last weekend was a must as I needed my spirits to be lifted, it helped, while still battling this sinus thingie. I am about 70% now, still it hanging on, docs tomorrow so he can have a look over again now that I am a little better. Longest/almost worse cold/infection I have ever had.

Guess what I am doing this week-end? :ya :weee :ya Planning out my garden!!! WOO HOO!!! I have through the winter written notes about all my research in one single pad. I am going to use this pad to choose my veggies, and to layout which veggies are going to be grown where. No more row planting for me, well... Lets just keep positive about this new way of planting.

How are planning to garden this year??? Hey did you hear a rumor about a shortage of cucumber seeds, organic I mean? Tom down at the feed store mentioned that he read some where that the seed growers in California had to burn off their crops, so there is a shortage of organic seeds this year.... I have some left from last years packets as well as some I saved. I have saved some different seeds before, but not as many as last year....

I think the freeze might have killed the blight from last year.... Did any of you get the blight last year? I will be planting maters in a different spot as well.

I need to build some new cages for my maters this year, any ideas?

My SS fund is now back down to 603.00 after the purchase of the green house, I thought I would have more from eggs. I also am going to be selling off 20 pints of jam at the first show, I made to much jam last year, as if I thought that was ever possible.. LOL....

I also am waiting on a call for some free large pallets that I saw, awwwhhhh the deer are going to be miffed at me this year!! :celebrate Fence time!!!!