Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:weee GREAT news!! So glad you are on the healthy track. Heck, loseing weight wont be a problem, now that spring is ALMOST here.! Im looking forward to dropping a few winter pounds as well. Of course hubby says....I look fine...:love But...well...theres ALWAYS the BUTT!! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Dace said:
Hey MP.....I shared some weight loss tips with a friend of mine, based on Free's teachings. My friend just sent me a message that she has lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks just by increasing her veggie intake, drinking plenty of water and cutting out the sugar and processed foods. She is thrilled.

It is really easy ......I know you can do it!
Back in 2004 - before I got preggers with baby 4 - I was dropping 3 pounds a week just buy cutting out pop/sugary drinks. I allowed myself 1 cup of coffee in the morning, and it was water the rest of the time. I cut my meat portions down and upped the veggie/fruit intake.

Shoot...I really should get back to that!

Small tip - I've found that keeping 20 oz bottles of water on hand I would drink more water. Don't know why it made a difference, psyc thing I guess LOL. I kept my empty bottles and refilled them - so there was always cold bottled water in the fridge.
That is what I do most of the time. It does help. I changed to using a small glass bottle though. SO uses large thermos style coffee mugs.
Smart Water makes a 33 oz water bottle. I spied some on sale for $1 so I bought one for Hubby and I. We refill them and *try* to drink 2 per day. If I don't have water with me ready to go, I won't drink it. I find I drink more (and eat more veggies) when I am in the car :hu it works though!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to hear you passed muster. My dh has HBP as well. Runs in the family. His grandfather had a heart attack at 40. He was a big beer drinker and heavy smoker. So I give my dh the lecture quite often.

It's funny what you say about riding the tractor to visit friends. I was using mine to get the mail. I try to walk up the hill as much as possible now. It's amazing how all the little things add up.

I remember reading somewhere that a good gauge on how much water you should drink goes like this. If you way 150 lbs then drink half your weight in ounces, ie.. 75ounces. Not sure how true it is but gives you something to aim at.

Have a great day. gina

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
When I was younger, I just didn't care about myself. I like to party like there was no tomorrow, and when I became a father I mellowed out some. So as I get older, I become aware of me/family/friends/animals/earth and all the things life has to offer. For years I have just worked my tail off to make a living, a good living, a level of what I dreamed I would never obtain, than I did, set new goals, again another two years no vacations.

Now the big picture has changed, work has slowed down enough that I can focus on using what I have been building to do what we started and why I started it. Freedom!!!! Oh, I am off today just because I didn't feel like going to work.... So I took a vacation day.... I closed the shop doors today due to lack of work.... Not to worry, I have plenty of work, nothing pressing thou..

So I was worried about my body, looking back, I used to eat loads of fat stuff, huge late meals, and smoked 2 packs a day.

That in mind, getting myself personally together, I was worried about my results. I mean what was going to catch up to me? I am one lucky ducky, and I am happy that I have made such a lifestyle change.

I have a stainless steel water bottle that I carry with all the time now filled with my filtered well water.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Got a text from Mark who invited us to come over and do some power sled riding together. He just purchased 3 sleds from our dentist, Denny, which he and I did some fishing/hunting together. He and Mark have been friends for a long time.

So I finished planning out my garden this morning, did 3 loads of wash while sipping on tea and eating jam and toast (homemade). DD was doing a sleep over and DW went out to get her and do some shopping.

So the plan was to get all the little chores done so Joshua and I could go to Marks to sled ride, we had a great time together and made for good memories for us.

aIMG_0069.jpg
aIMG_0070.jpg

aIMG_0071.jpg
aIMG_0072.jpg

aIMG_0073.jpg
aIMG_0072.jpg

aIMG_0074.jpg
aIMG_0076.jpg

As you can see we had a great time!! Now my arms hurt as well as my bottom!!! :old

:clap

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Man oh man!!!!! That looks like a BLAST! That will be a memory that you all will talk about later, and laugh. So AWSOME!!
I can't believe you still have that much snow!! Ours is all but gone...just a few piles here and there. :D
Im getting the area ready for my peas...and soon...taters! WOOHOO!! Im excited! Im gonna be diggin in the dirt soon!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I used to love to go snowmobiling. What fun!!

I find I drink more (and eat more veggies) when I am in the car hu it works though!
Dace, I am like that too. So I always make sure I have a bottle of water with me. I actually get thirsty for water when I'm driving. That is not a good thing, when I'm on a long drive though. Then I end up constantly on the lookout for the next decent looking toilet, eventually not even caring if it is decent :sick :lol: