Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Jay....my friend...im here to tell ya...if you EVER get to looking like that..Richard Simmons..I think your DW might just throw you out.! :lol: Ohhh, those sexy shorts.....please please please tell me you will NEVER wear something like that!!!!!!!
Don't tell him that! Tell him he shouldn't be so self conscience and that you're sure he'd look great. To be self accepting. To be open minded. To be giving me pictures so I can post them on the internet... ahem.

What.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That pudding sounds delish. Would you post the recipe?

The way I get myself to not eat foods I shouldn't be eating, is to buy smaller portions and not as much. One of my weaknesses is salty potato chips. Since we only do major grocery shopping once a month or two, we each get one bag of chips and that is it. When you finish your chips, that's it. No more. Unless you really have a bad craving and get yourself to the store and buy some. That's usually too much work for me :p and I'll just make popcorn instead and put parmesan cheese on it. I use our homegrown organic popcorn, so I am sure it is a lot better for me than those potato chips I love.

ETA missing word

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I will submit this: if you airpop popcorn, it counts as a whole grain ;) It is my (almost) nightly snack. I love it. A little bit of olive oil and salt, its heavenly. Microwave popcorn doesn't count though!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Dace said:
Hey MP.....replacing the sugar is a tough one if yu eat much of it. Pick your battles....i can't live without my morning coffee, so I use raw unrefined sugar in there. No soda, no candy, no ice cream, no brownies etc....on occasion yes! Daily, no.

I suggest not just looking at whole grains, because they are carry a high glycemic load. Which will jack up your blood sugar and cause you to store unwanted fat. Instead focus on upping your veggie intake, shoot for adding in an extra 4 servings a day to start until you hit 10.
And drink plenty of water....like half your weight in oz....150 lbs = 75 oz.
:) Contented sigh...The student becomes the teacher....

For men who are active, shoot for 2.5 to 3 pounds of low glycemic veggies per day....that is almost any veg except ones that are seeds....peas, corn, potatoes, beans, sweet potatoes, yams....count those as carbs, and limit yourself to 4 carb servings per day. A carb serving is a slice of whole grain bread or a half cup of the above carbs, or a half cup of whole wheat pasta.

The weight melts off men who eat this way. If you must have jam, reduce the amount, and be sure to eat lots of high fiber, low glycemic veggies in the same meal, and limit the sugar to no more than once per day. For serious weight loss, once every two weeks. Everyone is different.

Once you reach your target weight, you can experiment with what amounts of carbs...GOOD carbs....you can tolerate for your individual body so as not to regain the weight.

Include saturated fats in moderation...butter, egg yolks, whole milk, cream, cheese, PORK FAT (which rules), etc. Include high quality protein. Limit fruit to two servings per day for men. No juice or sugary drinks.

Your belly will disappear very quickly.

No "diet" or lite or reduced sugar, reduced fat, etc anything. Those words on labels are very deceptive.

Ok, that's enough, you will have to take the class to learn more and to learn why! Maybe you can be in Dace's first group!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you free!!!! If I put forth the effort and loose some weight, you might have to pull out a desk for me in your class. I suggest getting a good solid yard stick prior to me moiseying on in. I am not unruly per say, but I did get voted class clown my senior year, but I always take really good notes.

Today I am ordering, say it with me......

potatoes.gif

potatoes......

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So I finished my siggie piece today, The Tree of Life, its headed down to the Gallery tomorrow. I am still considering price right now, so besides the folks in my shop, your are the first peeps to see it.

As I show pictures, I will explain more to you as there are different reasons for building this.

aIMG_0164.jpg

The four branches represents the ten year blocks of my life and its up/downs/struggles. As an artist my subject matter changes with the way I am feeling or what the purpose the item is. I am not going into great detail of the four branches and why they are shaped the way they are. All the info about this lamp is in a book that goes with the lamp and its new future owner.

aIMG_0156.jpg
aIMG_0157.jpg

aIMG_0135.jpg
aIMG_0148.jpg

The patina is my siggie patina and is completed to a highly desirable earth tone using liver of sulfur mixed with my secret other ingredient which the recipe will die with me as other well know Coppersmiths have done. There is little to no information on some artist patina formula.

One with Mother Earth brought the root system to life in this piece and with this piece, perhaps my last representation of the Art Nouveau transition to the Arts and Crafts style which is heavily represented like no other piece I have done to date.

aIMG_0158.jpg
aIMG_0159.jpg

When I design and make a piece, its a passion or love for what I am doing. So to get the best work possible in my siggie pieces I work on them when I want. I still have one that is laying covered in dirt and dust. When I feel the right time, I will complete it. Each of the four panels was hand filed to completion for detail taken from my sketch template. That template will go into my lifes work folder with my past/current/future works. This piece is signed/dated/numbered/embossed with my personal stamp given/designed by Jim. Its my registered trade mark with the Guilds of Master Craftsmen in England where two of my early piece set on display in their museum.

While in the middle of this piece I was inspired to complete yet another piece that I have been designing for 5 years now. The amount of detail and different materials will showcase some of my more skilled level of work. I expect the next piece to take almost a year to build from start to finish.

Working for myself, being SS also means I can make a living while at the same time work and design some of my own signature pieces which is used for my personal income gain.