Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's really lovely. That shade of green on the shade with the play of the branches...the detail at the bottom of the lamp...the way the stand reflects the shape of a tree trunk.

I really like it Jay.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW!! :ep Thats just BEAUTIFULL!!! I have to say, whoever gets THAT piece of art, will be ONE lucky person!! Just beautifull. You my friend...are a master craftsman!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you, I was pleased to know that so many people liked the finished lamp. I struggle with a few choices from the root system to color of glass. I thought adding stained glass that had hues of brown, green, some blue and white would represent the earth, though this isn't a earth piece, its a piece about my life while I am alive. So I fumble through several greens and patterns to find just the ones I wanted. Now I am glad I took the time and effort to pick out just the right glass I wanted. It was an hour and half drive to the glass factory/supplier for me to get just what I wanted.

I am headed to the gallery now.... :weee

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you....

My cold frame is in the works, and I am going to work on it over the weekend. I have some saved materials as well as used pallets to build it from. I will buy the dirt and place it on the side of the hill towards the sun.

Sheesh.. Do I have spring fever!!! But I have never ever been so happy the snow is gone.

Took the lamp down to the Gallery, and they didn't have room right now. :(
Wow did they have some other nice pieces. I applied for a display at the Carnegie museum today as well. Some of these are pretty tough to get into as their jurys are larger than the normal 4-6 people. My work has gone under it several times before, its the time waiting to get an answer that is the toughest. I have great faith in myself/skill of work that some of my work will remain in the museum if I am excepted.

I have mentioned about my work, like a writers block, it hasn't flowed from my mind through my hands like it is right now in years. So with my drawing book at my side all day, I am adding details and new designs like some one is pushing it out of me. I am very happy to be inspired to create after years of rest/idle.

When we moved I had lots of general stress that comes with taking on a lot at once, my inspiration was driven out of me, as business matters became priority and stayed that way until I decided to manage the reason I went into business for myself all those years ago. So I finally got my drawings out and it just came back to me.

DW and I are thinking about getting back into auctions again as we both enjoy doing them.

I got a number from a contact locally for rabbit meat!!! :weee If I can barter, I will. If I can't I will try my hand at raising some buy getting a doe and a buck, we'll see. I don't want to say I will do it and don't. I would rather purchase the meat to be honest, with the kids getting to attached to animals.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I can identify with that creativity thing... did I ever tell you I owned a gallery for 4 years, then went back to the part that I loved which was doing the custom framing. Good luck on getting juried into a museum. Not an easy process but it seems like with the artists I know, when that creativity really starts flowing, everything else starts falling into place as well.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said

"I have mentioned about my work, like a writers block, it hasn't flowed from my mind through my hands like it is right now in years. So with my drawing book at my side all day, I am adding details and new designs like some one is pushing it out of me. I am very happy to be inspired to create after years of rest/idle.

When we moved I had lots of general stress that comes with taking on a lot at once, my inspiration was driven out of me, as business matters became priority and stayed that way until I decided to manage the reason I went into business for myself all those years ago. So I finally got my drawings out and it just came back to me."

Hi modern_pioneer :frow
Greetings from way across the ocean...!!

I know so well that amazing feeling having been a designer in the theatre until I got huge problems with my eyesight & had to retire. After years of battling through it I have now learned to live with it & I too am feeling the joy of creation returning. It is simply wonderful to find I'm once again reaching for my sketchbook all the time, just like in the old days.

I think your work is wonderful & I wish I could see it in reality. That lamp is very elemental & evocative of the Arts & Crafts Movement. I'm very interested in that period as I live in a wychert (clay & straw) house built at the end of that period in the local vernacular style.

Good luck to you & I hope you are successful in getting your work accepted by the museum.

Hattie

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good to see you Hattie!! :frow

Mp I was watching the news this morning about the flooding and rivers rising in your area. I was thinking of your property and the new culvert. How is it holding up? I hope well.

Good to hear about your creative side coming back. Must feel great to have such talent. Good luck with the museum.

Gina