Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WHAT??????? They took your camera?? You cant take pics?? I have NEVER heard of that. Keystone cops...for sure!! Glad to hear no one was hurt, and you was able to recover YOUR property that you paid for.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
What a day. :tongue Glad you could get the wood at least.

I bet the cops showed those pics around, while telling the tale. Guys like him keep their life interesting. At least you can get the camera back fast.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Uhhh...you can take pictures of pretty much whatever you want. You need permission to COMMERCIALLY USE THE PHOTOS. Geez. It's not like you were taking photos through someone's window.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Wait till you see the pictures tomorrow, I also have instance back up memory/recovery for the last 25 photos. So if they think the erase the photos, take out the battery, whatever.

I post them tomorrow....

I paid 50 bucks for over 4 cords of seasoned wood, and about 800.00 of free supplies that I just got home with from Steves house!! WOOHOO!!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I CANNOT believe they took your camera!!! :somad I think you could possibly make some waves with that if you were so inclined. That's like taking a news man's camera - can't do it. What about when photographers take pictures of famous people? You don't need PERMISSION!! (not saying you were poperotzi (sp) - but just trying for the analogy - do you see what I'm going for here?)

Also, I can totally relate to you about what you are saying in relation to a woman leaving her kids. I personally can't see it. I know a couple of women who have done it - I just don't understand it. I will never leave my short people - they are MINE. I told DH wwwwaaaayyyyy back when we first got married that if he and I should ever break up - the kids are MINE. End of discussion. He may have frequent visitation.

While I don't understand her leaving her kids with her DH - I have to agree with what BB and TLTL said. Being a mother sometimes does not mean you are better equipped to take care of the kids - financially and/or emotionally. While most of the time being a mother means you nurture better - it is not always necessarily so. I really have to applaud her for making that decision - what I can only guess has to be a terrible and painful one.

I always try to put myself in someone else's shoes (doesn't always happen). This time - I asked myself - where would I have to be in my life to agree to me being the one to leave while my husband gets custody of the kids and the house. Where would I have to be in my life for me to be okay with my kids knowing I left them with their dad and I went to live with friends.

It would be a hellishly dark place for me. Maybe that is where she is at. I dunno :idunno , but can only assume (I really hate that word) so. Just my two cents.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So I get my camera this morning, pics still on there. Seems they took te camera to view the images for illegal photos?? The cop said I didn't need to give it to the other cop and refused, but the other cop said I had to give it to him because I didn't have permission. Okay I was dumb, the thing was nearly out of battery when I gave it to them, and the battery was dead nothing had been down loaded from it as far as I could tell.

So here is what I got free yesterday...

IMG_0213.jpg

I got all this for 50.00

IMG_0245.jpg

And some of my new cold frame, all from left over materials, but I had to buy soil at 7.00 a bag 8 bags. I also will hardware cloth around the bottom, the bottom is already wired over. Once I get the wire around the bottom, I will just fill it with soil, and line the outside with straw bails. The insulation was left over from the coop project R 3 or 5 I think.

Spinach, lettuce, chard and whatever else I can get in there to plant and eat through winter. I will have fun and learn right now. The bottom is covered with landscapers clothe that I purchased for the hedge rows last year.
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg

My secnd cold frame will go right on top of the ground, no bottom at all, wondering if I should have built a bottom in this one? Pat did with hers, so I did mine like hers. I wonder if I can remove the weeds and place one right on the ground and it won't freeze during winter?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Good work with those frames. You could lay some sheets of newspaper or cardboard under the bottomless one to block weeds.

I was kinda hoping we could see the pics of stuff flying. :p It was a good story.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well good thing you move quick Jay. I would hate to hear you got hit with a fridge shelf. That would not be good. ;)

The cold frame looks great. I had one on the ground once. But it does not get all that cold here so I don't think it compares. Maybe to warm yours up you could stack straw around it.

Hey I just wanted to throw in one thing on the Pioneergirl thing. I don't ever remember her talking about children of her own. I know she had a Step son who is older. She and her husband have a job with traveling and being on the road. I don't know if there are even any kids involved. Just thought I would share. I think divorce and separations are just rough in general.

Anyways, I hope spring is coming quick to your neck of the woods. I do need to brag a bit. It was about 80 here today. Kinda windy too. My seedlings did not like it all that much. I must have watered 3 times already. :barnie

Have a great day,
gina

edit to say, Glad you got your camera back. Isn't that the new one??