Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sorry about the loss....that is a lot of money and hurts!
The trouble with employees is they are just no you....they do their best, but it isnt always up to your own standards :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oh ouch! Sorry... that really does stink!
We've got bridges closed around here still too. No fun having to drive 8 miles out of the way to get 4 miles to my doctor's office. :rolleyes:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Inspired to build a Gothic style mail box for a client, and it turned out to be very pretty and should last a few hundred years I should think. This piece headed to Italy will sit upon a 400 year old pillar outside of what once was a public bath house, than sometime in the 1700s it was turned into a house. The current owner, an Opera singer sent me a signed CD she just completed, this is her third CD. I thought it was a nice thing to do, although I must admit I am not big on on it personally.

Included is a close up of my personal stamp, if you see some copper items with this stamp you will know I made it.

IMG_0384a.jpg

IMG_0381a-1.jpg

IMG_0387a-1.jpg

IMG_0394a-1.jpg

I think it turned out very pretty?

Please don't ask what did this cost? As you might fall off your chair.... :ep

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
My mark, let me explain it to you.

The symbol is a J T F which are the first letter of each of my names first, middle and last put on top of each other. The diamond represents the the four levels of my apprenticeship.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow, that is gorgeous! How wonderful to know that it is going to go 'live' somewhere with such rich history! Very cool.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

So the clay is going away and I added the alfalfa meal so it will break down and add much needed nitrogen to the soil in a cheap way.

I did something different with my onions this year, I am a bit scared to share it here right now, and after last years almost fab onion turn out I am sure it will work. I wanna see how they do before I share the new idea.

I got the green house up in less than 30 minutes, that was great!!

I will admit how sore I am this evening, I put 7 hours in working on/in the garden today.... Oh I am not complaining, better to be sore than to look at 3 feet of snow!!!

Happy Easter!!

ETA Please do something to clean up Mother Earth tomorrow. We are going to do a roadside pick-up....

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
alfalfa meal... hum.... great idea.

we busted out the lime yesterday...and then we busted our butts busting the hard pan on a never been plowed section. wowza!

our clay is starting to 'soil up' also.. thank heavens for all these critters and all their free compost! we have been adding a LOT of straw over the winter. this has seemed to help also. i havent been brave enough to add sand...

great work!