Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just saw this. So very sorry this happened. :hugs

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The horror of it all....I'm so so sorry for you and your family. May you know that all of us out here across the miles are holding you in our thoughts and wish for some sort of peace for your heart someday. Hugs.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I would advise getting things under control with relatives. We have been through family situations where people behave in ways they wouldn't usually after the death of a family member. Tell your sister everything has to stay "like a picture in time" until legal details can be worked out.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm glad he's been caught!

My stepdad just went through this with his family. It got real ugly real quick. A picture in time - that's good advise.

God bless your entire family Jay. I'll continue praying for you.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Maybe, if someone from the police dept told her that "things need to be left as is for now", she would get that this is so they can do their investigation and whatnot.

Even so called normal people do act oddly in events such as this. I am sorry you have to go through this.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Having spent the last two months helping Mom with my step dad's death, we have 15 months to settle the estate. Not a second sooner, so that rational decisions can be made as appropriate for all heirs.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I read this in my local newspaper this morning - I hadn't realized this happened just a few counties north of us. Then at noon the TV reported suspect is in custody. I'll be sending good vibes your way. These are such trying times and family can sometimes not act quite normally. :hugs

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
This is a very sad story for anyone to have to take in as Dad/Mom always work so hard to help Brandon. I have some very personal feelings about all this, however ranting about it in a public forum isn't going to change matters as they are now. I am deeply touched by all of your support and am just now starting to grieve as my feelings of flight/protect fall to the way side and now the real feelings of the loss of my last blood relative my senior passes to a better life.

If I were to say what my Dad was thinking when the police dept took his photo for his badge it would be " why am I taking another stupid photo?"
dad.jpg

So although dad and I didn't have a perfect relationship, we had a solid friendship that was one of equal respect. He mentioned many times how proud of me he was and how I had exceeded his expectations of how good of a father I had become as well as person.

My dad though serous when he needed, had a egg you on personality. Often he would mumble opposite things when mom would say something he didn't agree with. Divorce was common talk between him and mom, not in a evil as they did love each other. But it was a jokey threat, and dad would always say " tell your boyfriend to buy you that because I already have to buy you this " or " When you leave me be sure to take that dog of yours " he was a hoot.

Dad didn't have a father himself, so at 14 when he took me in, it was a new life for us both. Even though he didn't like fishing, he would go with me sometimes. He taught me to earn my way and my own money. He got me turned around in my life a few times when I was headed the wrong direction. Though I never asked for help, he would have helped me with the boys.

Mom was just a kind peaceful soul who loved everyone and always found the psitive side to many people. She helped me when I was on my own as a single parent, and she was liked by the community. Everyone loved her cooking, as she loved to travel and visit with her friends and family.

I love them both and pray that they have passed into a better place. As we start a new chapter in my life, I am sure it is going to be a roller coaster ride for a couple years. I am reminded to continue to be a pillar/rock for my family and am taking my time to grieve as it is natural and healthy.

I think its important to perhaps get the kids into some one professional that can help them deal with their feelings on this matter. I will be a supportive parent for them as well as listen and talk to them.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like your parents were really good people. They tried to do the right thing by the grandson. Unfortunately the grandson was too far off...to be helped by people like your parents.
There are too many young people, who for one reason or another go haywire and do awfull things like this.
I can think of many reasons, but none make this any better!
It is futile to try and make sense out of it. It is hard to cope when faced with such a tragic event.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too!!! You cannot be the strong one all the time, or you will break down twice as bad and when you least expect it.
I know I've seen it.