Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
I hadn't realized this happened just a few counties north of us.
i just heard the report on the news and realized the same. Jay, kc and i are close by and i, for one, would be more than happy to lend a helpful hand with anything you need. need someone to feed your chickens? or weed your garden? just let me know. i know that when life gets thrown into chaos other things tend to fall by the wayside, sometimes things that are quite important.

just know that you can always ask for a hand if you need it. that's what community is all about.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, I wish I was there to make a casserole or two or three. Comfort food. Calming, warming the tummy, food for souls that don't have an appetite. Sigh...

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you so much, the folks didn't have chickens and I will be headed down there in a day or two to get the steps to move forward with their wishes.

I am 8 hours out from where they lived in TN and always liked their neck of the woods, only thing was lack trees there. A sign that hangs in the drive says "if you can read this your within range" my dads military/police attitude and removed the trees for security reasons.

I would eat that comfort food as my soul can use the spirit lift right now. I always believed in offering food to familys dealing with like crises. Who has time to plan and cook? I will tomorrow as food needs to be good and last time we had processed it made us all a little ill.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
O. M. G......Jay I am so sorry. I just got on and found this thread. Words cannot describe........... You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
But I feel guilty as if I am living and trying to get on, and there is no sadness for my parents.
There is no need to feel sadness for them. They are in a better place and their times of sadness are over. It is the ones left behind that suffer. :hugs I know it is so hard for you. So many expectations and things that you have to get done right now. Stuff like this leaves you feeling like a hollow box, it just guts you. This is still the shock of it all. Once you have had time to grieve things will turn around again. :hugs

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs There isn't a set way that people get through grieving. It always comes out different for each person, and varies day to day. If they offer counseling for the family, it's probably a good idea.

Be grateful for the days when coping is easier. They are a blessing. Sometimes you end up running on automatic for a while when there is a lot of stuff going on. Whatever works is good.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I just don't have any words that are adequate.

My heart is with you and your family. I know that in time, things will slowly become more bearable.

We have had some significant losses in our family and I know it is difficult.

Please do not forget about the wonderful family that you have been blessed with and who are still by your side, you are a good man. :hugs

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Just went back and read this..... Nothing I can say will make it better, or help with the grief, but no matter what water has passed under the bridge between us in the past, I want you to know that I am very sorry this happened. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I hope you all can find the strength within each other and all of us here on SS to get you through this. Remember the happy times..... :hugs