Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
As expected, its the "can you get it done before xmas" time.

The crunch is on, the shipping time will soon be over, and you should have planned and ordered your presents sooner.

I expect that we'll finish the last jobs tomorrow, and now its all kick back a little time till after xmas.

As keeping with my own ideas of running my shop, I gave out bonuses today. I strongly feel and always felt, a bonus is just that, a bonus. Never count on a bonus, because one year you might not get one.

This year, I almost didn't give bonuses, with xmas work coming to a halt. I decided to give smaller bonuses than ever before, and the over all feeling I got was everyone was grateful not knowing if bonuses were coming.

It bummed me out today to hand out such small bonuses, all were over $125 dollars but none over $200.

Before, I found it to be a good measure to pay an employee a bonus of a weeks worth of pay and I would pay the taxes.

Times are lean right now, but I have faith that things will turn around, sooner rather than later.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey Jay, start looking in the mail, I'm dropping a package for you tomorrow!!! Merry Xmas! :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I fell in to the trap of relying on bonuses for a couple years running. Then last 2 years nada. I think thats when I knew things were really heading down hill.

Good for you for keeping thinks in perspective with your employees. They should appreciate your efforts and be thankful.

Isn't tomorrow the final day for the holiday deliveries? I bet the down time will be nice.

Thanks for the puppy link. Those a beautiful dogs. Sarah was from the E litter correct? Is she one of the pups in the picture? :thumbsup

gina

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
:hugs Lori

I'll open it on xmas day. :weee :ya :clap

I still have one more package to get tomorrow to another ss board member.

I was just going to send them some salted fish, but its xmas time so I will send them something along the same lines as you and chad. I sent yuns early as to make the best use of it while the deer was fresh. I think they can go buy the meat locally anytime as they are city slickers. :p :lol: :rolleyes: What? I have friends in all kinds of places..... :hide

:yuckyuck

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
you should have planned and ordered your presents sooner
We are a Fedex shipper. Things are NUTS!!!

"Can you guarantee this will get to Outer Mongolia by Christmas if I ship it today?"

LOLOL

Whatever!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yeah, the post office was nuts yesterday! My brother used to work for UPS and he hated this time of year!

Let me know that you got the package, okay? I hope you and your family enjoy it!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Sitting here posting wearing the dress/skirt/man welsh skirt Lori sewed and made for me to only post in on SS.

No...NO... Just kidding.... It hasn't arrived yet dear, and so it will, not to worry, I will let you know.

So Sarah is coming home Saturday, and my visit with her today was very nice. I could have brought her home today, but Dusty seemed to be a little emotional. I held Sarah on my lap/chest while Dusty hung out and looking confused why she was missing some of her pups already. So I decided to give Dusty a few more days with Sarah, and Sarah/Dusty/myself played and hung out together for a couple hours.

The breeder felt it was important that I decide if the time was right, I decided it was better for Sarah maybe Dusty, for all of us to get together and our smells could mix before I took her. Sarah is the runt and underdog, and I did have a choice of two main or Sarah, and I decided on Sarah because I love being a underdog.....

Oh no, I am ready.... have her kennels in place, a bed at home as well as in the office.

I have been excited no doubt, so I have also been practicing gentle pats and rubs on my arms. What are you laughing at? With these big ole hands of mine taking a gentle rub was like getting a biff to the jaw when I didn't know my own strength.

But now, I have some big ole comfy hands that are gentle as can be.

DW went to the Dr. today being ill so bad the last week, I took her in.

Nothing.... But I think she has a inner ear thing since her balance is off....

So doc addressed that with a blood test....

I on the other hand have been doing my job, her job, and cooking the last 13 nights, and serving 17 breakfast (different times) and still keeping on.

I forgot to tell Gina, heads up.....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whats up?, what did I do??... :idunno

I hope DW is on the mend. My kids have all run through a snotty, cough for the past two weeks. I am amping up my vitamin C and trying to stay away from them. Not really but you know what I mean.

I can believe your paracticing petting your dog. TMI??? I did laugh at you. But you have to admit it was funny. That is very nice of ou to let Moma dog have her baby a bit longer. Whats a couple days? Soon Sarah will be home and with her new family.

Congratulations.

gina