Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
P1011530.jpg
P1011531.jpg

Here is some photos of different ways I like to eat my deer.

The pictures is the canned deer meat I put up last January, the big tough doe I harvested during nuzzle loader season. I like to let the canned meat to sit at least 8-9 months on the shelf before I eat it. When pop the jar open I remove the fat and the dry parts if any sitting out of the juices. Deer fat doesn't taste nice to me.

I will get my 14 cast iron pan, dump the meat and its juices from the jar into the skillet, add salt/pepper, garlic powder to taste, pinch of brown sugar, a drop of molasses, and 2 tablespoons of butter. While mixing these up I will add 2 cups of 2% milk. While I wait for this to heat up, I will add 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn starch to a little cold water. Once the pan gets boiling, I keep stirring adding the corn starch quickly while stirring.

Once it gets to a thickness I like, I pull it off and dump it onto bread, rice, taters, even corn bread now. I never ate very much corn bread growing up, as of a matter of fact hush puppies was the closes thing and we had those with fried smelt. But later, in the south, I would learn to like eating corn bread.

ETA; I removed some photos and added some more info.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey, Shes the one with the 3 spots I liked. See I could tell from the beginning which one was her. She is so darn cute.

:thumbsup

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
ooooooooo let's play connect the dots!!! She is really pretty, Jay. Breathe in a big ole dose of puppy breath for me! :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Awwwww. I love puppies. Sarah is so cute. I just want to scoop her up and hug her.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Puppies! Ahhhhhhh! Puppy breath, nutty antics, cuddly wiggly. :love

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hey Jay, How is Sarah doing?

I went back a ways looking for a reminder on what type of dog she is. Never found it. Can you refresh my memory?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
2dream said:
Hey Jay, How is Sarah doing?

I went back a ways looking for a reminder on what type of dog she is. Never found it. Can you refresh my memory?
I hope she is doing okay, she is headed to NY for her AKC Tattoo in her left ear, and she will come home in a few more days.

She is a bloodline German Short Haired Pointer, from Germany. Not the long nosed excited American breed that most folks say is German Pointer, but a true pointer.