JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Well it sure FEELS old some days! :p
Not arguing there! Today would be one of those days! I hate humidity. I'm just waiting to hear the first cicada of summer. It feels like that kind of day.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We heard our FIRST cicada July 1st. I marked the calander. At first when I heard it, I thought..." did I hit my head on something"? :/ That CANT be a cicada already!!! Yup, they are singing every day, loudly, all day! Jeesh, where is SUMMER!???????

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
19 July 09

What a day! Yesterday we had our "girls day out" I guess I whined enough..and dinner plans were changed to dinner at my older sisters house. :D I could burp after dinner, and no recoils! LOL
We did go to the theater...and see Moma Mia. I have to say...I enjoyed it. :hide We had private box seats...I felt like the 2 grumpy old men on the Muppets! I wanted to drop M&M's....but my sisters both said no. :/ Party poopers! :lol: Anyways....it was fun...I laughed..and I even got goosbumps! Most of the performers were just great..and what great voices! At the end, everyone was standing, clapping thier hands to the music...and yes...I too was standing ... before I even realised it. UGH! Oh, something SO funny tho...as we were leaving, it was raining. Now, this was not a big, heavy, soak yer head rain..it was a gentle rain..sweet...cleansing. I laughed at those snobs dashing around, squealing about thier hair, or shoes getting wet. :lol: I just calmly walked out..looked up..and smiled! Im sure a few thought I was crazy..LOL But, after being in that stuffy theater, ( it wasnt really stuffy, just..well...closed in) the fresh rain on my face felt great!!!
We didnt get home untill 2 am, and of course I had a few things to do outside, before I could go to bed. The coops were still opened, and I had to make sure feeders and waterers were full, and gather eggs. So, I didnt get to bed untill almost 3 am.
Got up at 7 am, vaccumed the whole house, cleaned carpets in living room, dining room, and bathroom...dusted everything, and scrubbed the kitchen...then did 5 loads of wash. :th
Now...for a little bragging... :D My son workes at our local Wal Mart. Back by electronics, they have a display of " old fashioned candy" in these cute wooded barrells. The manager will not sell the empty ones to customers, but WILL sell them to employees, for $5.00 each. I had my son score me 2 of them.
Here is one before I stained it.
99_barrellunstained.jpg

They are about 2 1/2 feet tall...and perfect for planters. No lids..but thats ok, I will put a 5 gallon bucket inside...and plant in the bucket. I bought a can of pecan stain...with polyurithane.
99_barrellstained.jpg

TADA! Cute hu!??

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
20 July 09

Today was a busy day. Started out going to town for a few things..animal feed was the main thing. So, I get home with 2 bags hog feed, a bag of rolled corn, and a bag of shelled corn for the pigs...a bag of sheep pellets...and, 2 bags of scratch grains. 350 pounds of feed.....to unload by myself. :/ Hubby was in Louisville, helping my sister get a few trees down. So, got the feed put away...and decided to stain the 8 planters on my porch. They really needed it. I was able to get that done before the sun came around the front. Then I decided, I needed to go get some of the firewood. Now, my intentions were to get one load, MAYBE 2 loads. I ended up getting 4 loads of firewood loaded, hauled, and unloaded...again, by myself! I am pretty impressed I was able to get that much, but feel I might be paying for it tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Oh, and tomorrow morning, I am going to another auction, this one in Little York, IN. Its cows, cows and MORE cows!! Hmmm, wonder if I might come home with a cow!?? LOL IF I do, I will have 2 cows, because hubby will " have a cow" :lol: Im just going to "look";)
Well, this old body is worn out...so I guess I will "hit the hay"

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
20 July 09

Today was a busy day. Started out going to town for a few things..animal feed was the main thing. So, I get home with 2 bags hog feed, a bag of rolled corn, and a bag of shelled corn for the pigs...a bag of sheep pellets...and, 2 bags of scratch grains. 350 pounds of feed.....to unload by myself. :/ Hubby was in Louisville, helping my sister get a few trees down. So, got the feed put away...and decided to stain the 8 planters on my porch. They really needed it. I was able to get that done before the sun came around the front. Then I decided, I needed to go get some of the firewood. Now, my intentions were to get one load, MAYBE 2 loads. I ended up getting 4 loads of firewood loaded, hauled, and unloaded...again, by myself! I am pretty impressed I was able to get that much, but feel I might be paying for it tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Oh, and tomorrow morning, I am going to another auction, this one in Little York, IN. Its cows, cows and MORE cows!! Hmmm, wonder if I might come home with a cow!?? LOL IF I do, I will have 2 cows, because hubby will " have a cow" :lol: Im just going to "look";)
WOW! You are a busy bee! :frow

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
One small word of advice... Absorbine Horse Liniment Gel!

The stuff keeps me walking! :old

Also a good hot soak in some Epsom Salts for you!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
justusnak said:
:yuckyuck :gig I could sooooo picture that!

Well, just, glad to hear your "girls night on the town" wasn't so bad after all. I can't wait to hear about your "girls night on the farm". :D

You sure have been busy! I agree with FF - Epsom soak and the Absorbine.

That is a great re-purpose for those candy barrels! :thumbsup

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
justusnak said:
20 July 09

I wanna go to the cow auction!!

Also, are you selling tickets to those of us who want to watch your hubby having a cow?? :gig