JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Glad your pig is tasting so yummy. It is a great feeling to have a couple of freezers full of good meat. I am sure Falcor will be happy to help you out with those extra parts as well! :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
So all that drama over the boar and the meat is fine?
Crazy!

So have you settled on names for your two new girls yet? They sure are adorable....are they getting comfy in thier new digs?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have decided on names..... Pearl and Autumn. They are starting to become sweet on letting me handle them a little more. It just takes time! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Cute names.....they look like sweethearts. I'm not venturing into sheep.......yet ;)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
15 Nov 09

All good things....must come to an end.. :/
Today was cold....cloudy, and windy. Good bye Sunshine...you will be greatly missed.!:(
I spent the morning feeding my "future" (chickens, ducks, turkeys,pheasants, cats, dogs, and sheep)
When I feed the sheep, and falcor, I always sit in there with them, and talk to them. It seems to be working on Pearl and Autumn. I squatted down to talk to them, when Pearl came over, and actually let me scratch under her chin...and I layed my forehead on her forehead for a few seconds. :love Yup...im hooked on these big sheep with the "roman noses" Autumn is a little more timid..and not yet ready to warm up to me. Thats ok, I have time. They are actualy ventureing out of the barn now...and laying in the pasture. Im sure thier feet still hurt, they are both a little lame on the front. I have not yet been able to treat the pressure sores, but im working on that. I can rub thier backs....necks...and top of thier legs now. As soon as I can rub thier tummys...I can treat them. :) I dont want to stress them, by catching them and knee sitting them to treat. Not just yet. Slow and steady wins the race!;)
I moved 2 more truckloads of firewood closer to the house. I fill the truck, and then bring it over, and throw it in a pile. Hubby stacks it. So far, I have 4 truckloads moved.....only about 12 more to go!:th
I haven't even started to plan Thanksgiving dinner...or desserts. :barnie I am falling so far behind these days.
I got a call from my son this evening. They had all thier Christmas deco in the basement of thier home....it flooded!! They lost everything...lights, decorations..even the ornaments my grandson made. :( I feel so bad for them...I wish I had the money to help them replace it all. I am sure we have some things we will give them, but it wont replace the ones made by my grandson.
We will get up in the top of the barn this week, and lok around. Thats where we store all of ours.
I better get to that list...so much to do, so very little time!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know, not enough daylight to get everything done around here either!

Sorry about the decorations, Dh's nanny's basement used to flood all the time, I can't tell you how many times we had to go over there and clean it up for her, very frustrating.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
It is so great to hear that your little sheeple are coming along! Poor girls are lucky to have found you!!

Sorry to hear about the flood. Those handmade ornaments are a shame to lose. Every year I think, we really should do a better job of storing our ornaments, but I just have not had the extra money in recent years to buy a better storage system. We are not likely to have a flood :rolleyes: but mine are stacked in the garage, and one good tumble and there will be breakage.

Hopefully you have some decor that you can part with :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Love the training method you are using. You can train my sheeples anytime! :)
They really are trusting little souls. Well....when you can lure them with food! :lol: I make them come to me for thier breakfast, first few nibbles are always out of my hand....and once I get to rub them down...then they get thier feed. It seems to be working pretty well. Now when they hear me come out in the morning...they run about half way to the gate..and watch me. Once I get in the pasture, Pearl will come straight to me....Autumn stays back a little still. Im working on her still...it will happen. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Love the names, Just! So sweet and just right. Sounds like you are making some progress with the sheeples. They are a great looking pair. Are you going to breed them to your ram this month for a spring lambing?