JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Excellent score! They look pretty healthy to me! And beautiful to boot...... I would be leaping for joy right now! :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
"Bandit?" She has a cute mask! Lovely sheeples Justus!! Now why don't preggo sheep land in my lap? Instead I have two spinster sheep. :/

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
"Bandit?" She has a cute mask! Lovely sheeples Justus!! Now why don't preggo sheep land in my lap? Instead I have two spinster sheep. :/
BBH, if you were closer....these 2 just MIGHT have landed in your lap! ;) I seem to get ALOT of "throwaways" They have sweet personalities...they both let me pet them, ( in the stall) :p I am sure once they get out in the pasture, they will not be so sweet.. :/
Oh, and I have another question...I had someone come today to help with thier hooves....the guy that did the trimming, seems to think, they might NOT be preggers, just a "normal bag from previous breedings" Thier sides are plump...but in front of thier hips, on the sides..its caved in sorta. I was able to get an udder picture...while he was trimming hooves. Now, remember, she is sitting, and leaning back.....so it looks smaller than it really is.
99_udder.jpg

What do ya'll think???
Oh, and the names...so far, Autumn and Glory are on the list!!:D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
justusnak said:
What do ya'll think???
Um, I think that's the first time I've seen a sheep udder! :th

:gig

For names, there's also Freedom, since you freed them ;) Or Independence. Patience.

I can think of more later..........

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: QA, that actually made me laugh out loud! Now my dogs are standing here at my feet, looking at me like I have lost my mind....you know the look...im sure we all get it from family members, who " dont get it" about our SS ways! :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:love What faces!

Man are you lucky to get these little gals!

I found a site that suggests you should be able to feel the babies kick by pressing your hand on the belly just in front of the udder. sheep pregnancy

Maybe this will help. I have never had sheep, but sure wish for some someday.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks FF. What an informative site. Hey...Missouri is not that far from me....and I bet they would enjoy the ride! LOL I will be rehomeing them after spring gets here. I want to make sure they are good and healthy first. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
How about Ruth and Naomi~wither thou goest I will go, your sheeple shall be my sheeple.......

Or Thelma and Louise? :D

I had been kind of looking at that little caved in appearance by the flank as well, but was thinking maybe they were just hanging low.

My sheep look more preggers than these and I KNOW they aren't....just fatter than ticks! :p

I hope you get lambs anyway...... :fl

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Would they fit in my back 40 (Remember it is 40 FEET by 40 FEET) WITH two great big dogs and hens? :bun

:( No I don't think so. :hit