JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Love the names, Just! So sweet and just right. Sounds like you are making some progress with the sheeples. They are a great looking pair. Are you going to breed them to your ram this month for a spring lambing?
I have them all together..so...if they are not already preggers...and IF Sonny can do the deed...LOL then yes. He is so short compared to them. He has tried tho...but the girls just walk away. :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
20 Nov 09

So my son and grandson came out this morning....bringing "gifts" They decided to bring me ... ummm.. breakfast..."biscuits and gravy" from BURGER KING! :sick My grandson just turned 9 last month...and is such a sweet child...I had to eat it, and thank him. I swear, I can STILL feel all those preservatives sitting in my tummy. :/ So, we ate...then headed to the barn with my S10, and my sons Dakota to get the Christmas decorations from the loft. We filled BOTH trucks!! Beds, seats, and back seats! :D I just love to decorate, and 29 years married, well...we have collected quite a lot of outdoor and indoor deco. It took us the better part of 2 hours to get it all to the garage. A few years ago...my son Robert, who works for Wal Mart, called me and said..."Mom, I am at the after Christmas sale..and they have green garland, 50 ft rolls, for 1.00 each!" I of course just "had to have it" so I told him to get me some. Well, he bought me the WHOLE CASE! I think there are 24 rolls in there. :p Its been in the barn since....so we pulled it out today, and we put 4 rolls of it around the sheeps fence with big red plastic bows at each post. It really turned out pretty! Now if only the sheep dont try to eat it! :lol: As we were putting it up, little Mary, the orphan...was able to stick her head through the fence, and latch on to the garland. I was not quick enough, and before I knew it she had it pulled through the fence, and was munching on it! :barnie I tugged, she tugged back...then with a quick twist of her head, off came a mouthfull. :th She had it down before I could get it away from her! That little brat! I sure hope it doesnt hurt her....jeesh! We was able to get the rest of it up, without incident. :) I am so thankfull my son was able to help get this down. Then, this afternoon, hubby gets up, and before I know it, he has pulled out all the house C9 lights, and is testing them. My heart went pitter patter....just anticipateing getting them on the house. And, WE DID! Its ALL we got done...but next weekend, he promises to try to get it all out there, and lit! We have at least a dozen of those white lite deer...and several other pieces...sleigh, polar bear, pinguin, several santas, candy canes, lolipops, Ohhh, I cant remember it all. I get such a thrill...when the little ones come over, and thier eyes just sparkle when we light it all up for them. :love ( yeah, ummmm, its all for the kids ;) ) Oh, and Lowes has a PIG now, WITH WINGS!!! I have GOT to have it! :gig For the grandkids!! :lol:
Hubby and I worked on the lights untill after dark....we were both pretty hungry, but neither wanted to "go get dinner" so I pulled out a few small steaks, and we had steaks and eggs for dinner. :drool It was yummmy!
Saturday we are driving down to my sisters place, in Lagrange, KY to celebrate Thanksgiving with her and my other sister. Robert, hs wife and thier son, and my other sons little one will be there as well. It should be a great day..and I cant waite to "get away" for a day. Oh, and we found someone else to put in our septic, FINALLY, and he MIGHT be able to do it for $1,500 LESS! WOOHOO! IF he can, then I Might have the money to get electric ran out to the barn. I am getting an appraisal on that Monday. :celebrate I can't waite!!!!!
So, now I am sore all over, from climbing around the top of the barn all morning...load ing the trucks, and unloading them...my shower is done...the woodstove is makeing it nice and toasty in here....Mmmmmm, toast...sounds good! :drool Maybe some cinnamon toast with my last cup of coffee...then off to bed!I hope everyone has a WONDERFULL weekend! :thumbsup

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Sounds like a winter wonderland!!

Wish I could go see it. I love to look at Christmas lights. When the kids were little we used to go driving all around at Christmas just to look at the lights on peoples houses. When we do that I get all happy and excited and tend to just turn off my brain a bit. Hubby was always our driver and he and the kids would formulate a plan every year behind my back. They would drive around for a certain amount of time to get me in my happy stupor and then on a secret signal, hubby would begin circling. The game was to see how many times they could drive me past the same houses before I NOTICED! :th

Sad to say I always made lots of laps! :lol:

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
The game was to see how many times they could drive me past the same houses before I NOTICED! :th

Sad to say I always made lots of laps! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FF that is hysterical...sounds like something my clan would pull :rolleyes:

Justy, you really are pushing me into holiday mode! that other thread about Christmas decorations got me antsy, but now after reading your post, I want to head out to the garage now and pull it all inside!

Have a wonderful day today with your family :thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Dace....I hope its a great day! Its getting late...DECORATE!! HAHAHAH!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well it is only 7:30 here...still drinking my coffee!!

I am h*ll bent on getting up those Christmas lights today though!! Maybe set up one little vignette, inside, in a corner.... somewhere not too noticeable ;) .

You people are making me break my own Not-Till-Thanksgiving rule :hide

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Oh my family LOVES tormenting their old slow witted mother. :rolleyes:

One time on a night time car trip I made a comment about the airplanes that you could see flying at night with their blinking lights. Hubby laughed and told me that I was seeing a radio tower.

I insisted I can certainly tell the difference between a radio tower and a flying airplane.

Then son chimed in. "Mom, come on ... that is obviously a radio tower."

I argued, but they finally convinced me that it was just the curvy road that gave the appearance of movement. So I settle down again and enjoyed the ride. About 3 minutes later we passed the small airport where the plane was obviously heading.

Hubby made a comment about there sure being a lot of "radio towers" around and then I knew I had been had again. :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmFresh....you are cracking me up with your "radio towers" :lol:

22 Nov 09

We had a great time at my sisters yesterday. Good food....good company...great memories. She has her outside decorations up already. They are cute! She is WAY into those blow-up figures. We dont have any...they take too much electric to keep them running all the time, and if they are not blown up...they look like a pile of "stuff" in the yard. Hubby said " No way" on those. :/
A friend of ours is coming by later this morning....to bring me a " mess of squirl and a mess of turnips" :lol: He is a fun old timer to chat with. Oh, I think I remember he said he was bringing a rooster with him as well....to " do whatever you like with" :/ Guess we all know what I like about roosters....rooster stew! LOL I already have too many, and was planning to send them to freezer camp. Now I can add one more to the chore.
Here is it...the Sunday before Thanksgiving...and I have NOTHING baked. Usually I have all my breads done, and in the freezer. Banana nut, pumpkin, zuchini. I usually have the buckeyes done as well. I Need to make 5 dozen of them. :rolleyes: VERY time consuming....but the family loves them. Guess this week will be pretty busy for me. So, with that said...im off to do the outside feeding chores...( Brrrrrrrr ) then to the kitchen!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You are so into the holiday spirit it is wonderful. I enjoyed reading your decorating days!!!

yes I am not into blow up plastic things on the yard either. I will never get one, even though Tony is trying....the pile on the ground is ugly when they are flat..HA HA----plus the cost. My lights cost enough...lol

I will be "dragging it all out" next Friday and Sat. That is my official start time. Usually I wait a tad longer into Dec. but with my kid now wanting everything up NOW....I guess pushing it forward for her is worth it.

Sounds like you are in for a fun holiday time!!