JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pumpkin Pecan Tassies!?? Ohhh, those sound good!! QUICK! Gimme the recipe! I need something NEW for the table this year. :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Pumpkin Pecan Tassies

Crust
your favorite crust recipe or 1 15oz pkg pie crusts

Filling
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pumpkin
3 tbsp half and half
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Topping
1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp melted butter

Heat oven to 375. Spray 32 mini muffin cups. Cut 2 1/2 inch rounds out of the crust and press each round gently into each cup

In a medium bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and blend well. Spoon 2 teaspoons of filling into each crust lined cup. In a small bowl combine all the topping ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle topping over each cup.

Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges of crust are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges to loosen if needed and cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Refridgerate any leftovers.

This will make 32 or so tassies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yummmy!

Your journal is becoming a dangerous place these days!!

I couldn't help but save that recipe....now I have picked up two from you in the last couple days! :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhhh, yummy!! Looks like I will be stuffing more than just a turkey this week....fudge, buckeyes, and now pumpkin tassies! To go with the chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate pie, peanut brittle...HECK! Who needs TURKEY!!!? :p

I know what you mean Dace....sometimes I am scared to look! :hide

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You will be proud of me.....I got Hubby to put up the courtyard lights and we turned them on last night!

We did white Icicles with twinkly colored ones along the top....they light up the living areas of the house like a giant night light! My courtyard looks like a gingerbread house!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My hubby requested a banana pudding and a bourbon pecan pie.... gotta go shopping now :p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
My hubby requested a banana pudding and a bourbon pecan pie.... gotta go shopping now :p
:drool
NO, I MUST NOT ASK......Ohhh heck...you know what I want! ;)MAKE ME COOK MORE! :lol: Bourbon pecan pie...sounds yummy!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, you ladies sure have been busy. ( :lol: that actually said busty :lol: ). anyways, sounds like your all getting in the holiday groove. The baking is making me hungry. I can't wait to see pictures of the front acres all lit up. I really would love to get some deer and a sled for my roof. Not sure my dh would go for it.

gina

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
busty! LMAO!! :lol:
I asked hubby about putting the deer and sled on the roof....and he looked at me like I had 3 heads! :lol: Guess thats a big fat NO! :/
Actually....they wouldn't sit up there for long...we get terrible winds here...no trees to stop them either. I can't waite to get the front acres lit as well....After alot of fussin and cussin....its all worth it! :gig

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
All you need to do to make a regular pecan pie a bourbon pecan pie is substitute 2-3 Tbsps of the milk with bourbon.....really easy! It may take a little longer to set up but there's nothing to it......