PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I made a super adorable apron!! I uploaded a picture to my blog if you want to check it out!
http://pamspride.blogspot.com/

And I am still working on the dehydrating the potatoes...20 pounds done so far!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
You sure have been busy! I love that apron; it is very cute and practical. Maybe you should think of selling them. Have fun at the Christmas In July tea!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I so miss playing softball! :( No one does that anymore and they certainly don't do it around here. What a great way to get exercise and enjoy being around other gals. I hate it when folks get uber competitive, though, and ruin the fun for everyone. :/

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I bought some Vodka today! Then I went out to my herb garden where my mints have exploded and cut a bunch of it!
So I am making peppermint, spearmint, and apple spearmint extract! I hope it goes well!

The dehydrators are still working overtime! LOL!

I had a great time at the tea! I got Betty's gift in the exchange! It was a HUGE fleece blanket that she tied off!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I was given MORE potatoes today!!! About 30 pounds!! They were left over from our church picnic. They are huge Idaho potatoes that they used to make fries...think fries JUST like you would get at the fair...YUMMO!!! They had them down in a cooler with a little bit of water on them so they have to be the next ones that will go into the dehydrator. I already have the first batch in the two dehydrators and all of them are peeled...most of them are sliced and blanched already and I have only been home for a little over two hours. So that is almost 200 pounds of potatoes and we have 6 rows of potatoes in the garden yet to be harvested!!
I could really use a 4 dehydrators at this poiont! I have a few carrots waiting to go in and the 55# of onions yet to get to! I just stand there and Praise God for His blessing everytime I lay a new batch in the dehydrators!

I moved the 13 baby BJG chicks out to the smaller of my two big coops today.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I was given MORE potatoes today!!! About 30 pounds!!
WOW, Pam! That is wonderful news! It is good to hear they were given to someone who could use them!

I bought some Vodka today! Then I went out to my herb garden where my mints have exploded and cut a bunch of it!
So I am making peppermint, spearmint, and apple spearmint extract! I hope it goes well!
I think it is much better than the stuff in the store, not to mention, much less expensive, in the long run. The last time I made extracts, I used a brandy base and that worked well too.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I threw 40 pounds of potatoes out last night! They had gone BADDDD!!! I am guessing I got some many because they were on the verge of going bad already!
I have to put another round of potatoes in one dehydrator and then I can move onto onions!
I have 20 pounds of potatoes that we made into french fries that I need to get deep fried today!
My zucchini is the only thing I have been able to get out of my garden so far. I put 4 big ones through the food processor yesterday and fed them to the chickens. I have 6 big ones that I picked today!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Pam....very cute apron on your blog. I wish I was a better seamstress....actually I wish I had time to learn how to sew :rolleyes: I think that will be my winter project. I am so impressed with everyone sewing here!

Could you check out this thread? I have 3 black hens which were all supposed to be Australorpes. I don't think they are and I know you have JBGs and wondered if I could get your feedback on what I have.

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2781&p=1

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I have chocolate mint in vodka right now. I need to get busy and make some peppermint. I don't use that much extract though. Usually just the chocolate and peppermint in my hot chocolate in the winter time.

What do you use all that mint extract for? All I need is a reason to make more -