PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I can use mint in baking...anything with chocolate in it! I love mint! Put it in homemade toothpaste....homemade ice cream.
I am trying to get a barter/trade group going at my church so I think I may add some of this to trade if it comes out good.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey Pam. O saw the new outfits and apron on your blog. Sooooo creative and such a great use of available items. You always give me the sewing bug...:D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I went with Betty on Thursday evening for a lesson on how to use her embroidery machine. Her machine is so cool!!!

I am trying to get a Made to Trade Day going with a few of my friends. Kind of like a small barter group but it will be all crafty items.
http://www.madefortrade.blogspot.com/
I am trying to get a hold of the lady that did the one in the link to figure out how she did the point system to make it fair for everyone.
My other choice is to just have a get together and discuss our talents and work out trades with individuals. So far I have 5 people that are interested in the barter/trade group. I am hoping to trade for items that can be given as Christmas gifts.
Our butterfly quilts that we are making are coming along nicely. I have decided (IF I make another one!) that I am going to make a plaid/flannel 9 square quilt out of squares that I cut from plaid/flannel shirts that I collect. So I am going to be looking for them at rummage sales...of course that means I will have to actually go to a rummage sale!! I have not been to one yet this year!

Baby girl is a quick little thing now!! If you lay her down she immediately rolls herself over! Then she gets her butt up in the air and scoots on her face to move forward. If she is just laying on her belly she can hold herself up real high on her arms but still puts her face down to scoot! It is so cute!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Oh! I forgot to add... the potatoes are DONE!!!! I ended up with 14 gallon size bags of dehydrated potato slices for scalloped and au gratin dishes. I have 2-- 1/2 gallon bags of french fries I was able to put in the freezer. The kids scarfed down the rest of them while I was making them and had some for dinner last night. I made up 20 pounds of french fries!!

SCORE!!
After my mom and I left Betty's last night (she gaves us a lesson on how to make scones) we stopped and got some Katie's Corner ice cream. They had empty, clean, food grade 3 gallon ice cream buckets with lids for .50!!! I picked up 6 of them!! That is 18 gallons of storage space for $3. With them being food grade I will not have to put a liner in them! They had over 30 of them just sitting there so now I know where I can get more after I fill these ones up!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My friend that called and hatched some of my eggs....she originally was going to keep 6 but just found out her DH's wages are getting dramatically cut so she is giving me back the 6 chicks she was going to keep...unless her other friend wants them.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DH rethreaded my serger the other day so I was able to get nearly 40 wipes/ family cloths made today.
My zucchini has started exploded in my garden so I have been giving some of that to my chickens as a treat.

It seems like we have had 10 cloudy yucky days to one nice day this summer!
I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that school starts in 20 days!! So not ready for that!

The quilts are coming along nicely! My mom, Betty, and Vicki's squares are done. Next week we are putting my blocks together. Then it will just be a 'race' to see who can get their applique stitch done around their butterflies first.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
It sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished this summer, Pam! Please post pics when you get a chance!

ETA: Have you used any of the dehydrated potatoes yet? I gave a batch to my sister and she said they were wonderful.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I did use some! They were great!! We made scalloped potatoes...even used my own dehydrated onion flakes in it....and it tasted just like we fresh cut the potatoes!

I plan on cut ALL of my 55 pounds of onions up at one time....then freezing them and doing them a little at a time in the dehydrator. Then at least I know none of them will go bad.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I cried my eyes out but I got ALL of the onions chopped up!!!
7 GALLON freezer bags FULL!!!! Oh my!! That is a lot of onions!
I laid some of the onions out on a picnic table seems how it is such a nice day to see if that dries any of them out. I figured I had plenty that it would not hurt to try it!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I was blessed with 7 FULL 100 pound feed bags of Sweet Corn yesterday!!! We only had 4 feed bags so I ended up just throwing the other three bags worth up in the back of my van...good thing I have such a big van! LOL!
So today we are freezing sweet corn!! And waiting for the famous Aly to stop by!!

Latest posts