PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Good to hear from you, PP!

Congratulations on all that canning! That is quite a bit of potatoes you have! One of my friends here has gotten no potatoes this year. It was her first year for potatoes, so she is really bummed.

Can't wait to see the pics of the new outfits. You are certainly a talented seamstress.

:thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you get a personal tour of Lynne's place. You will probably get more from the visit that way.

Great job on the potatoes. So many are not doing to well with potatoes this year. Including myself. :idunno

I made shorts last week for 4yo dd. We have been having record temps and she had no clothes for school. We went through the fabric bucket and managed to pick out enough for 4 pairs of shorts. Got 3 done in one day. I still need to run some elastic for the last pair.

Good to hear all is well. :D gina

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Wow! No wonder we haven't heard much from you lately, you sure have been one busy gal!!!

Hope you get a break soon!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I ended up with 46 quarts of applesauce!! Whew!!

Lynne's place....well that was a mess!! We scheduled an appointment to go see it....my mom and I both TOTALLY forgot about it! I called her to apologize and she was very none to happy with me. We had a federal agent that was coming to our house to interview DH the same day (background check for a friend) and going to Lynne's just completely slipped my mind since we made the appointment over two weeks in advance. I felt terrible.

I have started playing soccer. That is every Friday night now. It is a ton of fun! All of my kids can play too and it is free! They are a great group of people to play with too!

School has started back up. This is our 5th year of homeschooling and I must say that it is mentally taking a lot out of me. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around doing it this year!

I took a great picture of 4 yo DD sleeping on the potatoes....they are taking up our entire dining room floor where they are laid out drying. She just laid down there next to them and fell asleep! It was so cute! When I post the picture tomorrow (hopefully) you can see how many we got out of just two rows...with 4 more rows to go.

Also please be praying for a classmates 4 yo son. He was hit last Wednesday in the head with a line drive at the local baseball game. He is still in a coma.
http://www.wfmj.com/global/video/fl...peaks&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=&rnd=13233426

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, Pam that story about the little boy is just heart wrenching. He will be in our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery. It looks like he is in good hands and the doctors have a grasp on the situation. His Mother is so strong.

Great job on the apple sauce and potatoes. I picked about 30 pounds of pears over the weekend. I hope to get those done soon. Soccer sounds like a blast. Great family fun!!

:D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my CCW permit today!!! YAY!!

A friend of mine says she has some apples and pears for me.
I am not sure what I will do with the pears. Any good ideas?? I will probably end up peeling, cutting them up, putting them in syrup, and then freezing unless anyone has any other ideas.
I will probably make apple cider and put it in the freezer from the apples.

I am thinking for Christmas I am going to make some chocolate candy assortmants for gifts. I was thinking of making....
s'mores bars-graham crackers with marshmallow fluff and chocolate frosting on the inside and then dipping them in chocolate
ritz bars-ritz crackers filled with peanut butter (sandwhich style) and then dipping in chocolate
Oreos-oreos dipped in white chocolate
Some oreo fudge-Big lots has a box mix that is super yummy! A lady at my church made this and everyone ranted and raved about it!
Any other ideas of stuff I could dip in chocolate???

I was thinking I would get some metal tins to put them is for gift giving and put two or three metal tins in the freezer for myself to have as snack treats.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great pictures Pam. The one of your dd with the potatoes is priceless. I use that canning website all the time. Great recipes.

I went over the weekend and picked about 35lbs of pears. Think I might just can them whole in syrup. I tried pear sauce. It was fine but nothing to special.

The pictures of your kids are great. You little one looks a lot like her big brother.

How is school going???

Have a great night.
gina

Latest posts