PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Well, I think I am doing up WAY more speghetti sauce than I thought I was! I called my brother and asked him to pick me up the seasonings for my speghetti sauce so I didn't have to go out....trade off is he gets to use my laptop for the afternoon! So my mom is sending up some oregano AND a #10 can of tomato PASTE!! So I will not have to boil all of my tomato juice down to be thick enough!! I am so glad I have more canning jars coming this evening!
I am debating on skipping church tonight to get this all canned up. We just started a new Wednesday night class though. But, I have a million things I need to do tomorrow...besides canning....to get ready for my trip!!
The class is a video series called The Truth Project put out by Focus on the Family.
I am so grateful that I have hardworking kiddos that are helping me!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
You sure got a great idea for dh's lunch, Pam! I might steal that one from you. :D
Go ahead! My DH LOVES it! He said it is the best chilli ever because it gets time to sit and really absorb the flavors! He just heats it up and eats it straight out of the jar. So quick and easy for him to grab in the morning on his way out the door!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I did up 17 quarts of speghetti sauce so far. I still have the small pot on boiling down with some more sauce. I was only expecting to get like 9 quarts or so. The tomatoes are officially done in the garden!
DH is on the way to pick up the jars now!!! The lady said she would not be there and that he was supposed to leave the laundry basket. So I have no idea how many jars I am getting! I am praying it is a lot!

DH talked my into using dried beans in the chilli becuase we had so many. We put them in the chilli last night and some of them are still hard. I don't know if I need to just keep cooking them or what.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I ended up with 4 1/2 dozen Quarts, 5 pints, and like 6 jelly jars!! :woot

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Cool Beans! How wonderful! I saw some canning jars on shopgoodwill.com, but with shipping were not a good deal. When I went down to visit QA last month, I passed homes that had huge signs on the front lawns - CANNING JARS NEEDED

These signs were about 5 feet high and 6 feet long!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Final count for the day....20 1/2 quarts of speghetti sauce and 27 pints of chilli. (Plus 5 servings of chilli left.) The chilli came out very hearty...nice and thick! I am so glad I have kiddos old enough to help me because that would have been a TON of work to go from garden to jars in one day all by myself!

LOL! The kids are so funny! Everytime they hear a jar POP they say "We're under attack!"

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I had a fantastic time at the Quilting convention!!

I got enough fabric to make 5 outfits....a pixie stix, chocolate covered strawberry, gingerbread, glittery dragonflies, and I Love Lucy. I spent WAY to much money!! But it was all money I had saved up so that is not to bad then. I also bought my mom a quilt panel and some fabric squares (Sunbonnet Sue collection) for Christmas.

Now we are planning a trip in April to KY for the quilt show there! We heard that it is BIGGER!!

I have lots of pictures of some BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING quilts! I just need to get them posted to my blog.
Some of the quilts that we seen were just over the top! The work and the creativity that went into them was unbelievable!

Latest posts