PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, Pam yo a one busy woman. Great job with the pears and apples I bet all the things you can will be just wonderful.

That is a great idea on the Christmas table cloth. I have been looking around for hand made gift ideas. I will have to check my good will nest time I go in.

You 14 yo is sure a blessing. Keep up all the great work.

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I got 15 pints and 11 jelly jars of applebutter canned up this morning. So far this afternoon I have got 15 quarts and 2 pints of pears done. Pears take forever!!!! All that peeling takes a long time! We have only got half of one of the 50# feed bags done! So I am thinking we should end up with at least 70 Quarts of pears!! Whew!
We have a special speaker at our church yesterday and the next two nights that we have been going to.

My 14 yo went to the Mission today (witht our neighbor that goes to our church) to help build a new stage. The neighbor, Rich, is taking him hunting in the morning and then he is going to help him cut wood in the afternoon. I of course will be doing more pears tomorrow! LOL!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The pears are so purty in the jars I just want to stare at them!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ever tried Spiced Pears? I think the recipe is in the Ball Blue Book.

They are yummy over waffles or pancakes.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have never done spiced pears. I am not sure that my kids would eat them. I had some extra pears left that would not fit in a jar and they are super yummy!! I still just like to sit and admire the jars! LOL!
I am thinking I am going to run out of canning jars before I can get my apple pie type filling made.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It is 1:30 in the morning and I am waiting for my water to boil for my next batch of pears! Once I can this batch up I will have 49 quarts of pears!! I still have another 50# feed bag of pears yet to do!!!!!! What was I thinking???? I am begining to despise pears!! LOL!! But, boy do the jars full of pears look purty!! And they taste super yummy!!
I also put 9 bottles of apple cider in the freezer today!! We juiced them up the other day.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great job on the pears Pam. Once your done just stuff them in the pantry and get them out of site. Then you will forget what a pain they were. lol I only managed about 15 quarts this year. You should be very excited.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Haha!! I have NO pantry room left! My DH and I are trying to figure out what to do with all of them!
And a lady from church said she would give me some quart jars today at church!! I can't wait to get to church tonight and see how many I get!!!

I am so tired today! I have a TON of pears yet to do and I am completely out of ambition!! Sigh!

I go Friday evening to test out the quilting machine thing!! WOOT!!! It is all done and ready!