PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Pam, I wish we were closer. I still like the idea of your made to trade day.

I would love to participate in something like that.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I made some resin jewelry tonight for the Made to Trade day. I am hoping they come out!

I am planning on trying to make up some blueberry syrup. I have about 3 gallons of blueberries in the freezer that I was gives so I am going to try to do up a gallon of the blueberries for syrup.
That sounds delicious! I love blueberry flavor but not the way the little buggers pop in your mouth :/

Good luck on your Made to Trade day, it sounds like a wonderful idea. Sometimes things like this take a few years to get off the ground....small crowd this year then it grows by word of mouth every year after!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I made some homemade blueberry syrup to can up and OMG!! It is so good!! If I didn't already have dinner planned we would be having pancakes for dinner...guess we will have to have them tomorrow!

My resin jewelry did not set up right so I am going to give it another go....hopefully tomorrow.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am making more blueberry syrup today. I was given 4 gallons of blueberries that I had in the freezer so I am going to finish them up today.

I THINK I have got my DH talked into getting a MILK COW!!! I wanted to start out with milk goats but he said he would prefer a milk cow!!
I also mentioned getting bees today and he was more apprehensive about that than a milk cow!! I am going to ask the friend the is building the quilt thing for me to build me a top bar hive. I think as long as I do not ask HIM to do anything for the cow or the bees he is ok with them. (It was actually Bee's thoughts that made me think more about bees. I didn't think chickens were hard and I don't think a cow will be hard. So why would bees be hard? Just got to get through that initial learning curve.)
Right now we are having an arguement about the chickens!! I want to butcher up ALL of the BJG's and he doesn't want to. He wants to wait until our other chickens start laying....which is around Valentine's Day by my calculations. But in the meantime we are only getting about 1 or 2 eggs a day(on a good day!) for the last SEVERAL (like more than 3) months. They eat like pigs!

Anyways...the cow or goats....we need a building for them. I asked my 14 yo if he was interested in building...and he is totally interested! We are going to ask our one neighbor if we can get wood off of his property and ask the other neighbor if he can help 14 yo and use his sawmill to cut the logs into planks. If 14 yo can do all of the wood making I think DH will help him build the actual building if 14 yo and the neighbor plan it all out. I have to talk to my brother and see if maybe even he will help build it. This is going to be a slow process but I actually see the process starting!!

Now I am off to email John the directions for a topbar hive and get an estimate so I can start saving for it for first thing in the spring.
Then find a place to order bees from!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep A cow??? Wow that is so cool. I think you and your family will definitely benefit from owning a cow. I bet you go through a bunch of milk and milk products.

Your son will probably make that cow a castle. He is so good at everything else I am sure a cow shelter(???) will be a piece of cake. Keep us in the loop.

Congrats!!!

gina

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I am making more blueberry syrup today. I was given 4 gallons of blueberries that I had in the freezer so I am going to finish them up today.

I THINK I have got my DH talked into getting a MILK COW!!! I wanted to start out with milk goats but he said he would prefer a milk cow!!
I also mentioned getting bees today and he was more apprehensive about that than a milk cow!! I am going to ask the friend the is building the quilt thing for me to build me a top bar hive. I think as long as I do not ask HIM to do anything for the cow or the bees he is ok with them. (It was actually Bee's thoughts that made me think more about bees. I didn't think chickens were hard and I don't think a cow will be hard. So why would bees be hard? Just got to get through that initial learning curve.)
Right now we are having an arguement about the chickens!! I want to butcher up ALL of the BJG's and he doesn't want to. He wants to wait until our other chickens start laying....which is around Valentine's Day by my calculations. But in the meantime we are only getting about 1 or 2 eggs a day(on a good day!) for the last SEVERAL (like more than 3) months. They eat like pigs!

Anyways...the cow or goats....we need a building for them. I asked my 14 yo if he was interested in building...and he is totally interested! We are going to ask our one neighbor if we can get wood off of his property and ask the other neighbor if he can help 14 yo and use his sawmill to cut the logs into planks. If 14 yo can do all of the wood making I think DH will help him build the actual building if 14 yo and the neighbor plan it all out. I have to talk to my brother and see if maybe even he will help build it. This is going to be a slow process but I actually see the process starting!!

Now I am off to email John the directions for a topbar hive and get an estimate so I can start saving for it for first thing in the spring.
Then find a place to order bees from!
In the spring Ashtabula County beek association has bee days. I am not at home now, but I will email you the info.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thanks Keljonma! I am actually thinking I can make this topbar thing myself and will not have to have John make it...opun a closer look of the top bar thing!

We had sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits for dinner tonight! YUMMO! I love posting the homemade foods that I have on my facebook status just to make other people's mouths water since I make so much at home! Anyone else on FB?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A cow and bees?? :) How grand! And you must post pics of the building of the hive and cow palace, of course. Then pics of the bees and the cow, of course.

How wonderful! Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish I had more room here so I could have kept my Blossom. She was a great cow..... :(

So very pleased for you, Pam! :bun

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We only have two acres but I plan on pasturing her at my neighbors house. He has 65 acres. I don't think he will mind if we let the cow or goats graze on his property because he has about 10 acres right behind me that is cleared that he does not even mow. I need to ask him to make sure it is ok though....but I am sure I can bribe him with homemade goodies!

I made some homemade dog toys today for the Made to Trade Day out of jeans. Can't really say they were 'old' jeans because they like new Arizona Jeans Co. jeans! But they were girls size 16 1/2. So no one in my house could use them! I came home from the wedding on Oct 31st and a friend had put 10 garbage bags full of clothes in DH's car. One full bag of baby girl clothes! What a blessing that was!!
Anyways....my dog toys actually came out pretty nice! I cut the legs straight up the seem and then cut each piece into three long pieces...think 2 1/2" by 30"....then tied a knot in the end, braided the strips, and then tied another knot. The I cut the ends to make them seem fuller. I made 5 or so of them and I made them all slightly different. I think I am going to ask '$2' (4 points) each for them in the MTTD.