PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Pam...you are a crazy woman!

Did I tell you about the butterscotch pear pie I made? I think I posted the recipe in the Kitchen section. It was incredible! But DH and I are the only ones who like pears :he

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I will have to search that recipe out later! I love anything with butterscotch in it!! Thankfully or unfortunately my whole family likes pears!! They want to eat them faster than I can can them!!

I am up to 52 quarts now!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The final count stands at 80 quarts and 4 pints of pears!!!!!!
I no longer have any desire to pop open a can and have some...in fact they are off limits to opening them until I am done admiring all of that hard work! LOL! And it was a LOT of hard work! The kids did all of the peeling. My 14 yo (did I ever tell you all how awesome he is??) said yesterday "Mom, I will cut all of these up since your hands are hurting from cutting up all of the other ones." It was a large basket full.

I was given 4 dozen more quart jars...that I now feel the need to fill up! I still have a 50# feed sack that is 3/4 full with apples so it will probably be some form of apple.

Tonight we are going to try out the quilting thing! I laid awake dreaming about the quilts I could 'long arm' sew on it last night! I talked my mom into making me a basted quilt peice to try out on it with the guise that I had Betty's machine and I wanted to practice my scribble stitch before I have to give it back to her. Evidently I am the best scribble stitcher. My mom and Betty can't do it and make it come out right. So she made me a 2'x3' muslin basted piece for me to practice on. I am just wondering if it is big enough to go on the quilter thing though. I should run by JoAnn's on my way and pick up an already basted baby quilt panel (with a 50% off coupon of course!) I need to get thread anyways.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the pears done.

Stay out of JoAnne's. It's evil. When you go in, your money magically disappears before you come back out. :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I agree....JoAnn's is an evil money sucking store, but so nice! I think I am going to try practicing my quilting some this winter too. Is your's the kind of frame that you mount the regular machine on and move the machine around? I was thinking about something like that but I have no where to put it :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I've not been in JoAnn's in probably close to a year.....lol

But, I'm going to need to go in soon as I'm going to need some quilt backing and binding, because I won some quilt squares on eBay.... paid $0.06 for 32 4" quilt squares :p 4 packs of 32 squares! at $0.06 each! :D

After shipping, spent a whole $3 on pre-cut quilt squares! :p :lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
JoAnn's is a great place for ideas and I love their clearance sales. :D I haven't quilted in a while. I only use my sewing machine for pieceing the squares. I find hand quilting very relaxing and have never considered machine quilting.

ETA: I need to get to JoAnn's this week-end for some carpet thread for my braided blue jean rug.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I agree....JoAnn's is an evil money sucking store, but so nice! I think I am going to try practicing my quilting some this winter too. Is your's the kind of frame that you mount the regular machine on and move the machine around? I was thinking about something like that but I have no where to put it :rolleyes:
Yep! That is what the frame looks like.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I got some super cute Debbie Mumm Easter fabric and J's yesterday for $1.50 a yard...got 2 yards.

We went to check out the frame yesterday and he has to sand down the track so that it moves smoother. It was too stiff and it did not want to quilt right.
:barnie When we were trying to get it to work my sewing machine bound up and now it will not work at all! I can not even get the needle to go down!! I think it is time to start making some other stuff to sell to earn some money for a new (to me) machine. I am praying someone will gift me one! Right now I am borrowing Betty's machine.

I must confess....now I am having a hard time looking at clothes and just saying "can someone in my family wear this?" Now I think "Hmmm....how would the fabric from this shirt/dress/pants look in a quilt or as a bag or as something else?" I see sheets at Goodwill and I think "Will this make a good summer top or pillow case dress?"