PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
It looks like you need to find out exactly how much time there is between 7:15 to 9:39 to 12:03. That is 84 minutes in between each departure. So the train leaves every 84 minutes. That will help you figure out the rest of the train schedule.
You have the schedule as every 1hr and 24 minutes.
9:34-7:15=2 hours and 24 minutes right??

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Woops, yep add another hour to my mistake!
I even tried it with the every 84 minute schedule...in case they did the same thing and even that is not coming out to one of the possible answers.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
PamsPride said:
We need some Math help:

This in on 14 yo DS's test and I cannot figure it out:

A partial train schedule for departure is given. Find the earliest time a passenger can leave on the train if he/she cannot leave until 7:00 PM.

Departure times 7:15am 9:39AM 12:03AM

A) 7:15 PM
B) 7:05 PM
C) 7:10 PM
D) 7:23 PM
:hide None of them? If she cant leave till 7PM and these are all AM departure times? Or am I reading this wrong? Math was not my best subject...:hu 7:15PM if its a partial schedual and they run the same at night?
Wow! So I was right it was 7:15PM? :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I think the 12:03 am should read 12:03 pm. That's why it's throwing some people off. The 2 hrs and 24 minutes between each departure time is correct but that last time should read pm.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I hate shopping Friday after Thanksgiving! (I also hate the phrase Black Friday!) I have gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving only two times in the past 30 years! :lol:

Have a terrific Thanksgiving! It sounds we all have lots to be thankful for this year! :bow

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Hello all! Checking in! LOL!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My mom, dad, brother, and MIL came for dinner. After they left in the evening we played a family game, RISK, and I won! WOOT!
This morning my mom and I got up early to go shopping. I went out to get a meat grinder that was on sale. When I went to pay my mom paid for it and said it was our Christmas present! Now I just need a for a couple of people to get us some deer.
Then we went to a couple other stores for my mom. Then we went to Once Upon a Child. I was able to get 12 outfits for the baby and it cost me $5.68! The total was $35.68...then I got a $10 gift card with a $20 purchase and then my mom gave me $20 toward the purchase of the clothes as the baby's Christmas present!
Then I came home and took a nap! LOL! Then the family and I played a game of Monopoly. I can tell you how to make a game of Monopoly last FOREVER!! Play with 7 people and make sure one of them is 4 years old and one is 7 years old! We ended up just putting a time limit on it.
Now we are just finishing up watching Miracle on 34th Street!
Tomorrow Dh and the boys are going to the church to help decorate for Christmas and my mom and the girls and I are going to a craft show.
We decorated the house for Christmas yesterday and put up our tree today. DH was very proud that it got up so soon. Last year we did not get the tree up until like 3 days before Christmas.

I am also in the process of making an Elderberry elixir. A lady from church gave me a 2 gallon bag of elderberries. Hopefully it will help keep any sickness at bay.

I don't think I mentioned...my MIL took my 12 yo on Monday and got him his Christmas presents. She got him two pairs of Sketchers. One he can wear for soccer and a pair for church and Rangers. She also got him a nice leather belt and a new dress watch.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to hear you Thanksgiving went well. Monopoly ugg!!!! Way to complex for the little ones. I feel your pain there.

You are very brave to shop the day after Thanksgiving. I managed to go to the local grocery. Found some good mark downs on meat and chicken. Other than that I try to avoid the stores.

A meat grinder?? Wow, going to be making your own sausages and stuff?? yum!!!

Elderberry elixir???? You need to elaborate on that. I would love to hear the story!!

have a great day!!!

gina