PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
What a great MIL! You are very lucky to have her.

Hopefully she will stay on top of the CC and it won't be an issue. Very sweet woman!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I really LIKE your MIL! :D How nice that she is not your typical pain in the patooty! :p
Yeah! My MIL is awesome! I didn't always think that! We did not get along very well when DH and I were dating and when we first got married...part of it was my fault not just hers. We are both strong willed. She didn't like the fact that I was dating her son...not that she didn't like ME persay it was the fact that I was 17 and he was 27! She thought I was going to get him into trouble. Then we lived with his grandma, who had alheimers, and his EVIL aunt Mary! As you know his mom lives next door! It was 4 women trying to run the same house the first year and half that I was married...Yeah that does not work! We moved and that helped the everyday stress.
Then once we had kids that all changed....my MIL was the greatest help! She has never mettled in our business. She makes it clear that she doesn't think I should have another baby because of health reasons and such but she knows ultimately it is mine and Bill's decision....and then she prays for us!!
She is an awesome Godly woman! She adheres to all of the stuff that we believe for our kids...no swearing, bad movies, ect. She is getting much better about the candy/sugar but hey she is a grandma that is her job to spoil them....and I am the mom so it is my job to tell the kids NO JUNK FOOD when they go to grandma's and then it is my kids job to come home and tell me "Grandma gave us junk food!" Makes life fun!! LOL!

It doesn't bother her to put things on her CC and she does have a handle on her finances...it just goes against every fiber of my being to put stuff on your CC to get stuff...let alone get stuff for other people on your CC!! I think that gift giving is her love language and that is how she expresses it to us. She celebrates our stuff more than we do! LOL! She always gets us cards for our anniversary and has even taken New Year's Eve (our anniversary) off so that she can keep the kids and DH and I can do stuff. She will work Christmas so that she can have New Year's Eve off! Yep! I am certainly blessed!! She has even taken days off work and jumped through hoops to find people to switch work days with just so she can take the kids for us when we had stuff we have wanted to do!
I am thinking for Christmas I need to write a letter and tell her how much I appreciate her!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The Chickie-Doo meeting is tonight. And I HAVE to go!! It is at my mom's house...you know family obligations and all! LOL!
Anyways, I think it is going to be the BEST meeting yet! Originally the lady in charge was going to do a stuffing recipe....BUT the other day my mom was talking to the guy that was hauling her wood and found out that he has raised chickens and such for 40 years and built his own homemade incubator! So she talke to him Sunday night and he said he would come talk to the group tonight! SWEET!!
AND my mom said it is HER house I can bring the baby! WOOT! I am going to take my 14 yo and he is going to watch her in the bedroom so it is not like she will be out there the whole time.

I think I am going to make a pumpkin crunch dessert to bring tonight...the one with the cake mix, pumpkin pie mix, pecans, and topped with cool whip! YUM! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have a WONDERFUL chickie-doo meeting! Hope you and mom get a chance to show the rest of the group what a PRODUCTIVE meeting looks like and get this rolling in the right direction... :D

You sure have been busy! :thumbsup Deer jerky is awesome. One of the fellas I worked with in Houston used to bring his into the office - he would barter for things he wanted around his place. Always a win-win situation.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
SOMETIMES LIFE IS JUST NOT FAIR!!!!! :hit

But I guess I know I am going in the right direction....Last night a lady prayed for me and I told her somethings I was struggling with. (You know that whole saying about getting spiritually attacked whe you are doing right!) I finally feel like I got the answer I was looking for...ok an answer that makes sense to me! And in that conversation I told her that I was also struggling with wanting another baby. I have posted on here before about my struggle with that.
WELL SOMETIMES LIFE IS JUST NOT FAIR!!!!
We have been having an ongoing issue with one of the boys and so emotions have already been high....Talked to my mom.....tried not to cry...talked to my DH....conversation went something like this...
Me: LIFE IS JUST SO NOT FAIR!
DH: Yes.?.?.
Me: It has to do with my sister. She has got me so upset!! :rant
DH (Stands for dumb husband! You know sometimes he just walks right into stuff!): What, did she win the lottery?
Me:No, I wouldn't care about that THIS HAS GOT ME REALLY UPSET!!
DH: She is pregnant. (Ok, sometimes he is just a LITTLE slow and not completely dumb!)
Me: YES! WITH TWINS!! :hit :hit

Yes, this is my one and only sister. The one whose children I had for two years (and numerous times before then) because DCF took them away! The sister whose youngest son has been in and out of mental institutes to get his meds right because she can not handle him. The sister that lives in public housing and has for years! Well at least the last 5 years that she has had her kids back! The list just goes ON AND ON!!

I AM a good mom! I have wanted another baby and I have definetly wanted twins!! Ask anyone in my real life and they will tell you this is something that would make me happier than any amount of money in the world!
Babies are a blessing no matter what the circumstance and I truly believe that! Boy does it hurt when you see someone else who seems so undeserving get something you want so bad!!

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Pam you are blessed. Look at the children you have now. My DD has been trying for 8 years and cannot have any. It kills her when she sees people who have children that don't care for them properly or do not care for them at all, and she can not have even one. She lives with that hurt every day. So can you imagine if you did not have the blessings you have now?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you Delia, I do know that I am blessed! I will say a prayer for your daughter!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The Chickie-Doo meeting went really well. The lady in charge really dominates a conversation though. Some of her questions made me go HUH! She asked the guy 'if you don't have a rooster a chicken will stay lay eggs right?' She also told me that once you breed a milk cow she will ALWAYS give milk as long as you milk her but if you have milk goats you have to keep breeding them all the time to get milk!

Mike, the speaker, was very knowledgable. He was very nice....although I did not learn anything that I did not already know from hanging out at BYC. This guy has basically done a little bit of everything. He has raised cows, milk goats, pigs, bees, chickens, turkeys, guineas.....etc!
His homemade incubator was cool. I should have taken my camera. He got the plans out of a yellow covered book that was called something like the Modern Chicken something. It was a wooden box with a glass top, a metal cookie sheet in the bottom, two light bulbs...one on each side of the box, then a tray with wire rack in the middle. He said he has had several 100% hatch rates. He now has a tree cutting/trimming business and sells firewood as well (that is how my mom met him).

The lady in charge actually said I could bring the baby to the next meeting because it is a dinner...for a Christmas get together at a local restaurant. This was definetly the best meeting yet....stayed on topic, a knowledgable speaker, hands on display (incubator)....only 4 people came! My mom, me, my step-sister, and the leader! She asked my mom at the last meeting if I was going to come back to the meetings and my mom told her not if I can't bring the baby so I think she is figuring it out that you just can't be that picky and expect people to come.
My step-sister and the leader both went to Nationals (that QA went to). Now they are trying to plan a big sleepover at a hotel to go next year.
I did have a good time this evening.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Pam, on the topic of your sister and your conflict...if there is one ting that I have learned in life it is that sometimes the things that we want so desperately are just not the things God wants to give us. I know that you know this , but you are just going to have to give it over to Him and humbly follow the path that he has put you on.

There is a reason for everything and a reason that your sister is carrying twins. We won't know what it is for years perhaps, but rest knowing that someday God's plan will be revealed to you.
:hugs