PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am glad to hear the meeting went well. I think the questions the woman asked about the cows and goats just goes to show how much outside speakers are needed. Just someone to teach the basics to those who have never been exposed. I still have people who ask if my chickens will lay eggs without a roo. They just don't know any better.

I am sorry you are upset about your situation with your sister. I think you have an amazing family. You have so much to pe proud of.

I don't know. I had my sisters kids once. Two boys, she now lives in a motel and just gave birth to a new baby boy. Life is odd. I don't get it sometimes. I just live it.

:hugs gina

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs Wish I could help about you wanting another baby. I don't have any and have considered adopting. You might want to look into that option.
Maybe your sister needs the lesson of being responsible for the twins. You can still be a great aunt to them too. I helped my sister with childcare when her 2 were little and am glad that I got to see them growing up.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I was blessed by my cousin today! She sent me $100 in gift certificates for Aldi's! How cool is that!! Praise the Lord!!

My brother and I are going out shopping tonight and we are taking the three younger kiddos. My DH is running the sound system for RUN KID RUN concert tonight at our church and is taking the three older kiddos. So, I am going to try and get the boys Christmas present tonight. I want to get them a 20 gauge for hunting. I also want to go to Sam's and load up on a little bit of food for my preps.

The neighbor gave us an oak entertainment center today. It is nicer but much smaller than the one we are using now so I am not sure if we are going to trade it out or not.

Tomorrow is a Turkey shoot. Betty, the lady that taught me how to sew, is bringing her four gandkids and going with us. My 14 yo won a turkey last year but he is to old to shoot this year. I will probably let 4 yo DD shoot if she wants to.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have a jam packed full day! First I have to pick up the pies for Rangers...and deliver some of them. Then the kids have a Turkey shoot. Then the Hermitage Parade of lights! Doing this on the Saturday before Thanksgiving has sort of become a tradition for us because this is like our fourth or fifth year with the same schedule!

Ok, I was NOT going to go out on Black Friday.....but now I think I am...ok I know I probably will....ok I AM going out!! I was at Once Upon a Child yesterday...great day to stop as a bunch of their 0-24 months stuff was 50% off. I got a flyer for the Friday and if you buy a $20 gift card you get $10 in baby bucks! So for $20 you get $30 to spend and a bunch of the sizes I need for baby girl are 50% making them $1.25-$5! Most of it is name brand and brand new! So much of it still has the tags on it! There is even a sign on the door that says they are being very picky about what they take because the response from the community has been so overwhelming and they can not possibly take everything that comes in.
My mom wanted to buy the baby a drum at Walmart yesterday for $20 and I told her to check out OUaC and I found one there for $3.50 yesterday! It looks brand new.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
WOOT!! My 4 and 12 yo's won a turkey today at the shoot!! My 4 yo DD was so excited!! This was her first time ever to shoot! As of yesterday she did not want to do it then this morning she decided she would. I think she is going to be addicted to it now! LOL! I have no idea how my 10 yo did not win because he plastered the target EVERY time....he just missed the middle X. Betty brought her 4 grandkids and two of them won a turkey too!

Now we are off to the Parade of Lights!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We need some Math help:

This in on 14 yo DS's test and I cannot figure it out:

A partial train schedule for departure is given. Find the earliest time a passenger can leave on the train if he/she cannot leave until 7:00 PM.

Departure times 7:15am 9:39AM 12:03AM

A) 7:15 PM
B) 7:05 PM
C) 7:10 PM
D) 7:23 PM

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
We need some Math help:

This in on 14 yo DS's test and I cannot figure it out:

A partial train schedule for departure is given. Find the earliest time a passenger can leave on the train if he/she cannot leave until 7:00 PM.

Departure times 7:15am 9:39AM 12:03AM

A) 7:15 PM
B) 7:05 PM
C) 7:10 PM
D) 7:23 PM
:hide None of them? If she cant leave till 7PM and these are all AM departure times? Or am I reading this wrong? Math was not my best subject...:hu 7:15PM if its a partial schedual and they run the same at night?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It looks like you need to find out exactly how much time there is between 7:15 to 9:39 to 12:03. That is 84 minutes in between each departure. So the train leaves every 84 minutes. That will help you figure out the rest of the train schedule.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I cannot figure it out either...he was given a partial schedule. MY math tells me that the trains are running 2 hours and 24 minutes a part. So, the trains would be departing at 2:17PM, 4:37PM, 6:51PM, then 9:05PM....
So, if he can not make it to the train station until 7PM the next available train would be at 9:05PM because he missed the 6:51PM train.
The information I gave is the ONLY information given.