Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those tires look like they're gonna work out just fine!

Another perennial herb you might look into is Lovage. I know it's hardy- it has come back from the roots for me for three (very cold) years now- and reaches about 4 feet by late summer. You can use it like celery in cooking (I suppose you could use the stems too- I've just used the leaves) which is handy for me as I've had no luck growing a tasty celery; it's also good medicinally as a gentle but dependable diuretic and can help with kidney stones. It's also good for cramps- both gastro and menstrual. It also helps relieve gas, and improves the secretion of digestive juices like bile. The fresh juice of leaf and stem is supposedly good for pinkeye.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinky, I hope things start looking up for you missy. You work your tail off, too hard for things not to get better!! The tires are looking good! Are you going to be home Monday? I may bring you more tires that day if you will be there. What are you asking on the Cochins? Oh, and I wanna get my gourd too :love It's actually NOT mine, but a gift for my mom...she will LOVE IT! :D But shhhhhhhhh!!! She doesn't know anything about it ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry been a crazy day.

got up, slipped on a patch of beautiful tn red clay when feeding rabbis and messed my wrist up. smacked it n the cage and here was a sudden tingle like when your foot starts to fall asleep...an then NOTHING...my hand pretty much shut down,
cant strigten the wrist, cant straighten the fingers.
whent and walked in at the drs...he thins ive badly bruised al 3 nerves in e wrist. brace, rest and ice nd an ortho dr if its not drastcaly better by thurs...because of ho qukciy it whet numb/limp es worried I ddid some more serious nerve damage

its not painfull..achey yes...but feels more like hat sage after your foot ges to sleep but before the pins and needles kick in.
y index finger wors enough for me totype 1 fingered but lord is tht tedious!!!

id be a lot happier if I could just get my finger t move...but hey wont,
and its my right hand...and im right handed, FUN! NOT!

anywho.

drove the 1 hr to my usda appointment,,,gues which govt office is closed during shutdown and guess whos gent coudt be assed to drop me a message to tell me :hey canceled will contact to reschedual once officere-opens" she knows I don't have tv and she doesn't know I DO have internet...so for all she newi had no cue...and I rely ddint even thin about t...so who knows when I finally get my septic fixed,,, :/

idid manage to pick up som clearance palns REAY cheap lowes...
2 $15.98 hydrangeas for $2 a piece, 2 hardy gardenia usually $15 a piece for $2 each, a buddleia usally $18 for $2! a bunch of healthy looing little mums for pennies I spent $14 and got $140something worthof plants LOL!
cashier wasn't hppy...anything more than 50% discount for ckearance they have to get override for manager..i told her shed have to get override, didn't like me knowing her job aparnetly...gave me attitude,...said sh wouldn't...10 mis later after not getting these price to accept...manager override LOL.

also got tallie sighned p for raining class...
been crazy day and my hand is pissing me off something wicked!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sheesh...Mondays...maybe they should be banned :lol: Good deal on the plants though :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know ight?!

morning chores wh1 had was tiring...eang oatmeal...hard...spoons are diffuclt LOL!

I REALY need to get soe fence clearing done but its so arward.
will get out there in a little while, even if I can only et a little bit done its better than nothing.
would also like to get the rest of the flower bed aong the deck finished and try and get the rest of those plants in their spots...but we'll see
gt to go on a chicken hunt, thecochin somehow got out of the pen yesterday...loose chicken wiremabe...
roo was hanging out by the fence this morning but no sighn of hen :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202364666141012&l=1194032286697655304

so...heres my right hand in all its flopsy gory...this is IT in terms of movement...its so weird and annoying....as you can see i can grip...but i cant straighten my fingers out past that point upwards meaning opening an manipulation are incredibly limited..i also cannot raise or hold my hand level to myforearm..hence the brace...

its not painfull..its REALY odd...and incredibly frustrating.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hand is stil pretty muc none functioning and now my entire arm is genealy aching from hvg to mae up for it...the left side of my hand sems t be making improvement index finger and humb have a LITTL moe range of motion.but the rest...useless.

this whole thing has made me start to rely think about thing..this was a minor injury and now I can barely open he bunny bottle spr press the rigger o th hose to fill em up...

ive decide to try and down size before winter. the ducks arntbeing productive members of society so thee up for sale, as are the geese, il be thining ut some bunnies if we don't have full nests over the next few days (rigt now the men mini rex has 4 kits..f coruse the oe iwouldnt fee bd about eating LOL)
got some boys wholl go to freezer camp if tey don't sell soon. I prettyuch cutting back to just a colony of rex...
ive put te pigs up for sale, if they don't sell for winter 1 will be butchered in November...and iv eput aspen my buck goat up too, he shoud have bred the girls by now nd I know E wil let me use he bucks if I eed one.

im thinking once the septic is fixed and the improvments made that need doing (insulation door and window and electrical upgrade for certain though will prolly skip central as I don't think I can recoup that) ill either pace for rent or sell up, thhe goal is in a year have debts paid down/off buy a small rv and fix her up (solar ect) hen either sell (and use some money to buy soe uimproved and somewhere as a bug out local ad the rest to trade y car for something tiny and towable) or rent out and hit the road. ill spend part of the yar parked at my parents place then head south west for winter mnths. if I can rig up solar and put composting toilet in the rig instead of the standard chemi loos, my biggest concern will become potable water...with no need for hookups theres lots of free boondocingsites aong the west coast that I could takeavantage of 2-4 weeks in a location and work my way aound, spending the hottest months in cooler locations (or with a power hookup at my parents house) and the ciolder months somewhere a little warmer.

so that's the 2 year plan...

now hwver my biggest concern is how to tie my shoelaces and use a can opener...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:th Seriously? Really? You're LEAVING me?! :( I understand though. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not for a while...and ill need an RV spot when visitng the area :D