Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A horse!!!! :eek: Now I'm jealous....green with envy! I have wanted a horse for so long and my children have also. Never came to be. I will live my horsey dreams vicariously through Aly now...will have to have daily report and pics on OUR horse! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
A horse!!!! :eek: Now I'm jealous....green with envy! I have wanted a horse for so long and my children have also. Never came to be. I will live my horsey dreams vicariously through Aly now...will have to have daily report and pics on OUR horse! :D
How about after he is here, you just plan a day to come out and visit :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail that is such a nice story and your DH is so cool. Obviously this guy loves you big time! That is so sweet! :)

this is your chance for a horse, and he said go for it. I love it. and willing to build a barn, increase pasture, etc. etc. you got it good there! :)

enjoy him. be sure to post pics when he comes!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Take him......Now is your chance.......I am envious, just like beekissed, green with it. I put my parents thru he** because I wanted a horse. I spent one summer feeding, watering, petting and talking to my IMAGINARY horse. When we had to go somewhere, they had to wait till I got my horse in the barn. OMG I dont know how they handled it.
I am so GLAD FOR YOU, CRYING TEARS OF JOY RIGHT ALONG WITH YA GIRL. Yes we love your husband.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I am telling you, I could not have done better in a man. Really, I don't think I could.

And I haven't been an easy person to deal with. He has put up with a lot from me, and loved me right through it.

I am truly blessed!

No joke, if all we had was a one room shack, as long as I was with my DH and our five kids, I'd be crowded, but happy.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
keljonma, did you get my pm about Sunday?

Yes, I am sure hoping it works out. I did a lot of praying, asking God to tell me what to do about the horse, even after DH said it was up to me. I strongly felt like God was telling me to "not look a gift horse in the mouth." :)
Yes, I emailed you because I got a message your pm box is full. Sunday 3 pm is good

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
OK, I'm just waiting to hear back from my mom. I think that will work for her, too.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I think I am going to write a book LOL

I went back, reading through some of my journal entries, and some things are kind of cute and funny. LOL

Call it, The Daily Adventures of a Hobby Farming Stay At Home Mom. :gig

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, I am a bit proud of myself. I managed to earn money today. Not too shabby money either. lol

I sacrificed some of my poultry. I sold 2 turkeys, 5 hens, a pair of milles, 2 geese, and 4 chicks. Oh and Rooster plates. :)

The money from all that is what I am going to use for Christmas shopping for the kiddos. That way it doesn't have to come out of the money DH is making at work. Well, I am sure he will still spend some of his check on Christmas, but I know this will help so it won't cut too much into his check.

Monday I am taking some roosters to auction.

Tonight I will be moving my Light Brahma hens into the coop that the buff orpingtons and speckled sussexes are in. The light brahma roo I cannot use for my breeding project, so he's one of them going to auction.

We have 4 buff brahma roos. I don't need 4, so two of them are going to auction. One just started crowing, going to make sure I keep him LOL

Auction money will go to the feed costs of feeding them.