Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nothing new to post about, nothing new going on here.

No well yet - since part of the rig broke and he had to bring a welder in.

Down 50 feet - no water yet.

That's it.

It's been pretty boring lately.

Well, we did go to Roger's last night, and I almost bid on an Alpaca....but I think Becca was plotting my unfortunate demise if I tried to cram one in her blazer - that's she's still waiting for me to detail.

No Alpaca, not selling chicks fast enough - they're selling, just not fast enough.

Feed store kid is still annoying.

OH hey, we're actually at the feed store while I type this...I brought one of the kids wireless notebooks with me LOL

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well THERE you are.. been wonderin' what going on!

sorry to water yet - soon baby soon!

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe you can get one of the chicks to poop on that evil kid :bun I know it would make ME feel better if I was in the situation :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I think the kid's problem is he's an only child - who gets his way 100% of the time, and has ADD issues on top of it.

But I'm leaning more to the parents giving him his way all the time as being the biggest issues.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Hey, my kid was an only kid, she still wasn't allowed to be obnoxious!
Parents need to provide proper boundaries and reasonable consequences. Otherwise the kid will push and push... and push.

SO has a problem setting clear boundaries and consequenses and has no follow through. Now we have a totally irresponsible teen on our hands :rolleyes: (his son, not mine) And SO still doesn't get it :he

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We're loading up and moving out!

er - well, from the feed store that is. We're in line right now for our own feed supplies before heading for home, and then it's off for lunch I think, then TSC, then home....

and somehow I'm taking home two of Becca's baby bunnies - I just couldn't help myself, I was taken over by their absolutely adorably positively perfectionist cuteness just over came me - there was absolutely no control.

Actually, there was control, their little rabbity cuteness mind control that said, "please take me! you will love me!"

and i was sunk.

so bunny love struck, I couldn't help it...so I just paid for some rabbit feed - that the lady just loaded in the back of Becca's car.

:bun :love

maybe just two little bitty bunnies won't be such a hassle as 9 or 11 bunnies were...

and we're dropping off a couple silkie hens to the local that I had bartered with earlier and I'm getting peacock eggs in trade.

Last night at Roger's Auction, peafowl sold for $65 a head for birds that looked to be between 5-6 months of age. There was a beautiful white one.

anyhoo..we're off.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
So roughly 2 months or so ago our dog Zoe had come into heat. We were vigilant about not letting her out anywhere near Earnhardt unsupervised....or so we had thought.

My FIL had come up to the house back end of Feb/first of March and pointed in the general direction of Earnhardt's area and said he had "Zoe tied up".

We said, "Can't be, she's in the house!"

Sure enough, there she was, on the verge of pulling out the chains and whips - they said they wanted to mix it up a little.

The hussy.

Too late to stop the damages, we waited for them to "finish" the business, and we shoved Zoe the Hussy back into the house. We also gave the kids a firm lecture about NOT letting Zoe out when we told them not to.

Our vet wouldn't spay her while she was in heat, but they said once her cycle was done we could spay her then. I called them up and explained how she was caught working the corner, and they said they could still spay and abort the litter.

OK, so I realize there are folks who'd have no problem with that, but I cannot abort anything.

We told them we'd wait until after birth, weaning, etc. and plan the spay.

So that's the plan.

By noon today, Zoe had 4 puppies - 2 boys 2 girls. She stopped all signs of labor, even got up to eat and drink.

We congratulated her on a job well done, and just as we were about to break out the cigars and toast to the new ones, she popped out two more.

Six beautiful puppies - 1 black male, 1 red and white male, and 4 red females.

We again congratulated her on a job well done, thanked her for not having 10 pups, informed her that 6 was a good number, and really, let's call it a day, ok?

Not 30 minutes ago she stood up and number 7, another black and tan male, fell out.

What?!

I said, "OK Zoe, 7 is good, more than good, really, so let's call it - wait, lemme feel - "

Ok, so I think there may be 1 more that she hasn't had yet....

I need a drink......

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oh my! What kind of dogs again? :)
Glad everyone is doing well. I would have done the same as you.