Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How fun was that? That must have been so nice to get to meet OFG. I wish I lived closer to all of you. Hey what happened to your SS BBQ? Are you guys still having a party?

gina

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and i'm not blond!

hee hee hee i could barely keep a straight face when i walked up to the unsuspecting Aly.. hee hee hee hee

:)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
How fun was that? That must have been so nice to get to meet OFG. I wish I lived closer to all of you. Hey what happened to your SS BBQ? Are you guys still having a party?

gina
Yes, we're still planning it. I am working on getting directions/address to the park for everyone.

I failed to mention that my big mouth almost let the cat - or rather the duck - out of the bag!

BR was talking to Becca and me about getting some runner ducklings once Becca has hers separated and hatches some. He was kind of talking in hushed tones - i'm thinking he was trying to not push his luck since his wife was right there. Good thing it was ducks, and not geese, he was whispering about.

Then he casually says that ofg was maybe looking for some, too, and my not so bright self hollers across the way, "Ohio, you want to get some runner ducks?"

folks, that gal can run!

she comes running my way shushing me! :lol: BR was like, why do you think I was talking quietly? and then Ohio looks over her shoulder and says to The Big Man, "There's nothing to see over here! Just keep on moving!"

:gig

The Big Man kind of just shrugged but had this definite expression that plainly said, "She just thinks I'm falling for that."

:lol:

It was a hoot!

but that was nothing compared to my husband's expression once I got home and came running across our yard with a goat in my arms.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Come on Aly don't kid yourself. :lol: E is sooooo used to you bringing home animals I don't think even the Camel would have phased him.

g

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Come on Aly don't kid yourself. :lol: E is sooooo used to you bringing home animals I don't think even the Camel would have phased him.

g
HA! I read your reply to E, and his eyes got as big as saucers! He said, "Yea, right!"

Really, though, when I bring home something - like a goat - I have to do a lot of pleading my case to have it.

I've learned it's better to just bring it home, listen to him yell, instead of asking him, "how do you feel about my getting _______________"

I mean, it took a lot of wearing him down to agree to one goat...he didn't agree to TWO. Up until a week ago, he was saying it would be a divorce if a goat came on the place :lol: (I do believe he was just kidding).

Now I have TWO goats, might be trading a couple Sebbie goslings for three more goats, and we're on the hunt for a buck to take care of Sassy!

So, I win.

And the camel - not even I would come home with that!
1 - I'm cheap. I have to be able to buy it for a little bit of nothing or barter for it.
2 - We're holding out for water buffalo. Did you know their fiber is more valuable than Alpaca fiber, you can eat them like beef, AND milk them?????

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: I'm just trying to picture the scene with Becca when you decide to stuff a water buffalo in her car...

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Javamama said:
:lol: I'm just trying to picture the scene with Becca when you decide to stuff a water buffalo in her car...
oh goodness! i hope she's laughing when she reads that! :lol: (but thanks, I'm sure the next time I talk to her, she's going to let me know that she will NOT haul any water buffalo....)

Hauling Hope home in her blazer wasn't that bad - Hope fit quite nicely in a large crate! :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
And, I wasn't even tempted to buy the camel - even though I did think he was cute and I got to pet him......he wouldn't have been useful for anything here - I know some people said camels can be milked but, uh, I don't think anyone would want his, uh, milk?

:lol: :gig
:lol: ROFL! My 3 year old son recently tried to "milk" my MALE dog.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep That's not good!!!

My auntie raised a bison when she was up on the farm in Northern Ca. They butchered pretty early because they get so huge and MEAN!! So that could actually work in your favor, turn and burn em!!!

My husband always says "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". :barnie