Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time with Becca at camp! Glad to hear that E has come around...now that is definitely God working there. :D

The rabbits got all our green beans this spring. Maybe I will try to plant some later for a fall harvest. Luckily, our Christmas Lima and Scarlet Runner beans are just starting to put out beans, so we will get some bean harvest this year.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Would you like me to bring your ducks at the end of the month? Let me know......

I was hoping that we would be able to swap you muscovies for Ladies...but that doesn't look like it is going to happen yet.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yes, you can go ahead and bring the ducks. :)

You know, we did a duck count this week - we're at 50+ :th

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am sorry if you already gave the answer, But from what I remember you applied for a job at a TS.. something, feed store anyway. Did I miss it and they hire you already? Or were they actually dum enough NOT to hire you?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
rty007 said:
I am sorry if you already gave the answer, But from what I remember you applied for a job at a TS.. something, feed store anyway. Did I miss it and they hire you already? Or were they actually dum enough NOT to hire you?
I haven't heard anything about the job yet. I did fill out the actual application Thursday of last week. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
this was a phone call I got today....( my sister in law and I have similar names - as in only one letter different - but my name is not pronounced the same as hers. Few people know this, so it causes A LOT of confusion! and, my husband was actually chewed out by a bill collector once when they were trying to reach her - chewed out for marrying a woman with a similar name as his brother's wife - no matter we were together first!)

me: hello?
caller: hello, may I please speak with Mrs. ______ ________
me: may I ask who's calling?
caller: my name is _________ (I don't remember her name, we'll just call her Mrs. Rose)
me: OK
Mrs. Rose: is this Mrs. ________
me: yes.....
Mrs. Rose: Mrs. _________ My name is Mrs. Rose and I'm calling on behalf of Capital One -
Me (in a very dazed and confused voice): Capital One?!
Mrs. Rose: yes, Capital One -
Me: as in the bank??
Mrs. Rose: Capital One as in the Credit Card -
Me: wait! wait - are you calling for <I give SIL's full name with middle initial>
Mrs. Rose: yes
Me: ok, well, she lives in Florida, and I'm in Ohio and her name is spelled <I give the spelling of her name followed by the spelling of my name and my middle initial>
Mrs. Rose: OK ma'am, I'm very sorry, if you don't mind we'll record this call for quality assurance
me: wait, if you want to contact her right now she's at <hospital> where she just gave birth to her second child and if you'd like to reach her husband google <BIL's name> and add real estate agent after his name and it will pull his name and contact number - and his spiel promises that unlike other agents, he WILL answer the phone after midnight....
Mrs. Rose: <deafening silence>
me: hello? did you get all that?
Mrs. Rose: thank you ma'am, please give us three days to get your number out of our system and we'll try to contact them
*click*

Since that call, I have taken my own advice, googled BIL's name, and wrote down his cell phone number from his real estate agent webpage. It's next to my phone so I can give it out to the next collector that calls!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh jeesh! What a pain. In a way, its funny, because we had the same issue a few years ago....but it really IS a pain, haveing to explain it several times. I am sure the caller thinks we are lieing, and trying to get out of " our bill" LOL I hope they start paying thier bills...and you can get the collectors the right number!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What a pain!!! Looks like you are handling the situation well. My son, dh and FIL all have the same name. Just Jr, III an IV are different. We have had a lot of problems. We were almost denied our first home loan because they said we had one pre existing. But after looking at the date it was before my dh was even born. Nice!!!

We are actually having a few problems now with dh father's business closing. I received a notice from a collection agency the other day. A 26,000 dollar Home Depot bill delivered to my house. Yeah right, does it look like I spent 26 grand on my house? I sent that right over to FIL. Just worries me, like what else do they have mixed up?

So how is the house move coming along? Any luck on finding people to buy your steers?

Have a great day!!

gina

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know how that is, a mortgage company called me looking for my uncle once. Since then they have foreclosed on their home and they are living with my grandmother but she has kicked them to the garage. Pretty pitiful.

At least you're handling it well ;)