Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Aly, that is a great looking place! How exciting! So, you are tearing down your current home and moving this one in? Or moving to a new property altogether?

I must have missed the school thing, what prompted you to go public?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The new home is being moved onto our current property, just into a different spot. It will be a little bit harder to see from the road - which means more privacy for us.

The area of the property we plan to put the new house will also give us more front yard :D

Yes, we'll be tearing out this old trailer we live in now, too. It's an eyesore!

As for public school - we just are so busy with everything going on we were concerned we wouldn't get enough done with the online schooling. We could make up our own curriculum, but we think we'd have the same issue of time. So, for the next year at least, the kids will be in public school.

We think it would do our 5 year old a world of good, anyway, because he has been the hardest one for us to teach to do for himself. He is our little "mooch" and wants everyone to do for him - right down to getting him dressed. We battle with him constantly to make him find his own shoes, put them on, and put his own clothes on. He just doesn't want the responsibility. We're hoping going to school will help him develop a little bit of self dependence.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ah, I was just curious. I always wanted to HS but Hubby was strongly opposed to it :(

Public school isn't all bad as long as parents keep an eye on things, which of course you will :)

When will you be in the new place? Was that E in the pic?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Yes, Dace, that is E in the pic :D

As for being in the new place - I wish tomorrow! lol but, the hope is that we can get it moved next month - and start moving in before it gets cold out!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Girl that house is too cute!!! I love the bookcase! We are thinking of looking for an old pie safe to use as bookshelves for the kid's school stuff so we can just close it up when not in use.

I too, am loving that I have a separate, albeit small, laundry room! In the old house it was in the dining room/kitchen space and it was a real pain sometimes.

Do you have space enough under that window to put a small shelf? I am thinking of getting a tub to put the shoes in so when we come in that door we can just drop them in.

I'm so happy for you! It looks so clean and bright, I know you all will be happy in it and it will be good for all (with the recent events) to have a fresh start! :hugs

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The laundry room is darling. I can see it with more shelves above the W/D, with baskets, etc. And I love the bookshelf next to the bar. Very very handy!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
lori, we have a shoe rack out in our mini barn that we plan to put in the laundry room for shoes.

NO ONE is walking in on our NEW carpet with shoes on! :lol:

We're thinking of throwing ourselves a house warming party once we're all moved in and have the water hooked up.

:p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
za2.gif

Hey everybody, party at Aly's!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Aly, I LOVE the new place. And that laundry room is great! All that sunshine coming in. My laundry room is in the basement...no window..dark, and almost scary! LOL I can't waite to see the place once you finally get to move in and make it a HOME! Just beautifull!! I think I missed something...so tell me. You are tearing down the old place, btu not moveing the new place untill next month? Umm, where are you going to be staying untill then??
Putting the kiddo's in public school is OK. Like someone else said...just keep an eye on things, and im sure you will. They will get to learn great socialization skills, and learn independance. Its so easy when they are home with us all the time to just "do it for them" to keep the motion going smoothly.
So, when is the party!?? :D