Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score

or

or

or

Glad everything is working out....sorry about the family thing...I live next to my moron. Drink up! :lol: Nah, go hug a chicken, that will make you feel better!!! :hugs Sometimes it's just better to not bother with them, then you can't get all worked up over it.

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So sorry about E's family and hope that you two can remain strong. Sometimes doing the right thing and following through with justice is hard, but also know that doing it will bring you some relief and happiness.

Also remember that we get a chance to pick our friends and not our families. So make sure and lean on close friends there and as always come to us here and we will be happy to share a cool one with ya!

Sheila

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma said:
We'll adopt ya'll, QA ! You are part of our family ;)
:hit Thank you! after what was said to us today, that really makes a person feel better.

I don't have anything of much good to post today. I don't want to keep complaining because I think I'll scare all of my friends away. So, I probably won't be adding much here until things smooth out for us.

sorry. :(

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
"I spoke with the prosecuting attorney's office yesterday - and everything is now public. An arrest has been made, and we're waiting for him to be expedited back up here for due punishment. "

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh! It's about time he got stopped. Karma does work- not always in ways we expect, but it works. This may get a bad guy off the streets + help you not have to deal with toxic relations either. Notice I did not call them family.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
You"re going through a lot now, so you could use lots of hugs.

Your family is the people who have stood by you through all this. I feel sorry for E since he has obviously had to deal with those toxic people even longer than you have. Sounds like the FIL was one of the better ones but doesn't have the strength to stand up to the others. Hope he grows a stronger backbone later.

You've also got a bunch of family that care on this forum too. I don't mind if you have a bad situation and need to vent about it. You are a good person- and we already know that, so it's safe to
:rant :somad :he :tongue and :smack when you need to get it out of your system.

I also love knowing that somebody that did that particular type of crime is going down. That is due to my past, but I'm just human.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
So E was adopted...right?

:gig
We've often wondered! especially when six months after his mom died (i loved my MIL), my FIL came down to our house and said "I'm not your father."

:rolleyes:

Funny, but (unfortunately for me) there's a strong family resemblance between FIL and E - especially if you look at my FIL's younger pictures - in 10 years my E will look like his dad - I almost vomit at the thought.

My FIL isn't one of the better ones - he is the one who instigates most of the crap by bragging up one kid to another, trying to make the other kids feel like they don't measure up, and he plays favorites.

We are the only "kids" he sees on a regular basis. We are the ones who have called 911 and rushed him to the hospital when he was super sick. We are the ones that make sure he has food in his house, eats properly, and we've invited him down every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for all the grandkids' birthdays. NONE of E's siblings do any of that.

BUT the BIL - who's the Golden Boy - is now the proud owner of FIL's property. He really thought that would bother us - and they were extremely disappointed when our only reaction was, "Well, we're glad it went to someone in the family."

Yesterday FIL was trying to rile E by saying, "When I die your brother is supposed to sell the property to pay for my funeral" to which we replied, "Good, that means we don't have to contribute to the expenses then."

:gig

NOT the reaction he was looking for. He says those things to try to hurt us - and it would if we let it. But then we think about what we have here - what we've worked for, what we've built with our own two hands - and we didn't lie, cheat, or steal (or force any siblings into financial ruin) to get it.

But I'll admit, E and I have discussed that IF reincarnation is REAL and we have all had past lives - then at some point we must have been horrible people. I mean, why else would this family hate us so much when we've done nothing to cause them harm?

See - I shouldn't have posted. I got to rambling and so on.

Does anyone know if they have Divorce Congratulation cards??? BIL posted on FB today wanting to know if he can divorce his family - we're game, and want to send our congrats.

I don't think this needs clarification, but just in case - the reason the family's crap hurts right now is only because of what's happened to our DD. I would hope it if had been their daughter, they would have done everything humanely possible to protect her and family be darned.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My last thought - I think we're happy because we CHOOSE to be.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's true Aly. I tell my grumpy 7 yo the same thing. Only she can make herself happy. So just get on with it!!!

;)

g