Rathbone: Eggs for Hatching, Eggs for Eating, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I do know that the several minutes before and just after the sunrise is my favorite time of day. It's so quiet out here and I am alone with God and the universe. (and the dog) Time to breathe and energize. The coffee helps!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Coffee- yes today is my first day without coffee (hopefully I will be able to do this). Hence my thinking I was receiving a sign. It was just a very serene moment and probably because I am trying to make big changes in my life I saw it as representative of the crossroads in my life.? ... Maybe?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know there are certain times of the day and even of the month when I feel most at peace, and closest to God. For instance, being outside when it's not too cold and not too hot and there's a full or almost full moon out. I had one of those the other night, and really didn't want to come inside.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
rathbone said:
hqueen13 said:
rathbone said:
I was walking to work this morning and I had the strangest sensation of 'twixt and 'tween. I had started across the bridge and stopped at the halfway point. California lays behind me, Arizona is spread out before me, the sun is rising gloriously on my right and the moon setting on my left. And under me the water is rolling along. It was a lovely sensation.
Wow, what a powerful image. There is so much symbolism in that point in time. How beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
So... Do any of you take these kind of moments as signs of something greater? (I had the strangest feeling at that moment). Just curious?
Yes, I personally do. That would have been an extremely powerful moment for me. The symbolism that strikes me is the balance, like you said between a lot of different things. The two different shores on either side, the balance of the sun and moon, and being over the water is all really powerful. In dreams, water represents emotion, so if you view it from that aspect, you were above the emotion flowing beneath you. A part of everything, yet your own entity at the same time. There is a lot of symbolism for me of the 'between times' as the fox is one of my strong connections, and they are known for being 'between' animals. The between time is when the energies are supposed to be the most powerful.

Whether or not you're able to discern exactly what it was about the moment and what you were supposed to get out of it, doesn't really matter. I think the fact that you were open enough to feel the moment and its gravity was a good thing. I would cherish that for a long time.

I should edit to add that I'm a funny bird. I was raised Presbyterian, and can relate to that, but I don't really relate so much to church and the religious structure anymore. I have always felt very connected to the natural world, and am learning a lot about totems and symbols and that sort of thing, and am finding that my 'religion' is very guided by these things. I'm just a bit strange :p and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
For me, it is the actual stopping and seeing that brings the experience. As long as there is nothing around but nature, if I stop and just "be here now", I have the feeling of being in the perfect place at the exact right time. You know, just where God wants me to be and doing what I am supposed to be doing.

Now having voiced this I will seek it out more often! Thanks for asking!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Deb: Interesting what you said about being "just right". That seems to play a big part for me.
Snapshot : yes I am definitely working on being in the now. I tend to worry too much so I am trying to change that.
Queen: I loved your analysis of the situation. It rings very true for me right now. And yes please feel free to say what you think on my thread. I don't have a set belief system and I like to hear what everyone has to say. Keeps things a lot more interesting.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Congrats on the POW!

Thanks, I tend to be a little odd, so sometimes I forget to warn people and then they get all weird on me :p

Hope you're having a good day!