Rathbone: Eggs for Hatching, Eggs for Eating, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My work day draws to an end. I get to go home and enjoy my hubby. We spent the lunch hour talking on the phone (I walk to work so spending the lunch hour together wasn't possible). It was nice just to talk.
Have a wonderful evening. I know I will.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Rathbone- a keeper like that doesn't have to give fancy presents on V'day. A mushy card is still nice.

Denim Deb- I' d rather get a rose bush too.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, and this is one of the ones that stays small (I hope) so I can keep it on the kitchen table. I'd rather have a few plants that I can change around than constantly be buying fresh. I'd like to eventually get a couple more roses, some African violets and some primroses at the very least.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
African violets and primroses...happy sigh.

My eggs in my incubator are perking right along. I'm having difficulties maintaining the temperature in the incubator though. It stayed at 97 for about three days. The embryos that I can make out (uber dark eggs) seem small. I have slowly over the three days cranked the temperature control lever bit by bit. I got up this morning and it was at 100.5. Now I'm worried I will cook them. I turned the crank back ever so slightly and I'm hoping that will do the trick. Tiffany has no problems hatching out silkies in that incubator but my chicks never seem as hardy as hers. Time will tell.

On another note: my chard beds look amazing. And I have a couple of tomatoes ripening. In the front of the house where we planted all the tulips, they are just about an inch high. Keeping my fingers crossed that they bloom. I'm not sure they were cold enough to bloom. But if they do it should be very pretty. The house is small and cottage'y, painted white with red trim. The tulips are all red. :fl

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Bet it will look beautiful when they all bloom.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The weather was gorgeous this morning. Then the winds started building and building. Then brief, torrential rain. Now cloudy and breezy. I'm supposed to go exercise again and frankly, I'm not feelin' it. All I wanna do is go home and cuddle-bunny under a blanket. Maybe sip some nice hot tea, read a good book to my sons (we are currently reading The Witches). And soup. Definitely some hot, creamy soup.
Wish me luck on my walk....

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
We're getting the rain now. I like your plan... sounds like we'll be doing the same! I, of course, will not be reading to anyone but myself, and it will be online! :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Me, I'd like to get in front of a nice fire when it's nasty out to read a book.