Rathbone: Eggs for Hatching, Eggs for Eating, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a great 'bookwalk' visual! :lol:

I am bummed. You got a great gift from your sister. Cheeriolounge got great gifts from his sister. I'm sure you do already, but treasure that connection!

My sister doesn't even call. Of course, I've gone to great lengths to make sure she can't ;)

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oooo!!...I love reading!! I cannot read unless I am reading at least 4 books simultaneously. One book at a time bores me to tears. I used to go to the library, whatever was local...check out the max...25-30 at a time. Read them all in one week and drop them back off. I loved reading my way through libaries. Not currently a member at this one.....because we are in the neighboring county, costs me 35$ to get a card. We are in the BFE county. At least I have internet and can search the planet from my kitchen table now.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
What a great 'bookwalk' visual! :lol:

I am bummed. You got a great gift from your sister. Cheeriolounge got great gifts from his sister. I'm sure you do already, but treasure that connection!

My sister doesn't even call. Of course, I've gone to great lengths to make sure she can't ;)
You have me laughing. My sister is amazing. That said, I have other siblings that can't seem to stand me....at least not up close and personal. For us, Facebook is our "relationship". And while I'm not exactly fine with it, I will take whatever I can get. Little things I do apparently are funny to them. I once proudly sent a phone pic of myself holding an enormous rooster I had raised;we were about to butcher it. I later heard that my brother kept making dinner table jokes about it. I am more careful now what I share, more guarded. And that to me is just pitiful.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well it is valentines day. The day that we all proclaim our love. The day that ladies in offices tend to show off whatever their beloved bought them. The day that they are awaiting cards, and bouquets, and chocolates, and dinners and JEWELRY!
Seriously?
I am amazed sometimes at what people expect.
My husband gives the WORST gifts in history. And I am fine with it. I got roses by the way. Plastic roses no less. yes, yes, I know you are all burning up with envy. Even better, I proudly brought my plastic roses to work and "arranged" them on my desk for all to see.
Those plastic roses come from a man who treats me good every day of the year. I don't think I could ask for more in this life.

And so my valentines day wish to all of you is that you are loved by someone, lover, parent, sibling, friend or child. I wish you all some love!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I think you have a wonderful husband! I'd rather have a husband like yours who does the important things everyday, than one who gives some fancy gift one day of the year! :thumbsup I'd also like to think that I fall into the first category!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rathbone said:
Well it is valentines day. The day that we all proclaim our love. The day that ladies in offices tend to show off whatever their beloved bought them. The day that they are awaiting cards, and bouquets, and chocolates, and dinners and JEWELRY!
Seriously?
I am amazed sometimes at what people expect.
My husband gives the WORST gifts in history. And I am fine with it. I got roses by the way. Plastic roses no less. yes, yes, I know you are all burning up with envy. Even better, I proudly brought my plastic roses to work and "arranged" them on my desk for all to see.
Those plastic roses come from a man who treats me good every day of the year. I don't think I could ask for more in this life.

And so my valentines day wish to all of you is that you are loved by someone, lover, parent, sibling, friend or child. I wish you all some love!
:thumbsup I second that remark. I would rather be treated good all year by a good man...then get a gift from an expected holiday. My man just now called me to tell me he has to work late. He's a sweet heart for letting me know. Too many would have just showed up later. No phonecall. I will just turn off supper, and finish it up when he is home. Poor man will be tired tonight. But, that is why I am here...to love him, and feed him good healthy delicious food, not make waves because he has to work late.....and appreciate him for being a good guy. He's my Valentine. :love

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good man, Rathbone; treasure him (as I am sure you do without me telling you to ;))

I remember feeling so disgusted back when I was working with a number of *young things*, and they would spend the day before Valentine's loudly proclaiming what they expected their husbands/boyfriends to get them for Valentine's Day, and the consequences if they didn't come through! Funny, I don't remember too much about what they were planning to do for the guys :idunno

My DH and I don't do anything special, having decided long ago that V. Day is another day made up by the card and candy companies. We try to be nice to each other all year :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not to mention hes smart...i mean think about it...everyone else will get fresh red roses as a symbol of their love...those roses will bloom and look beautiful for a SHORT time then wither and die...
YOUR roses will always look that way...Everlasting!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tell my hubby NOT to buy me flowers for Valentine's Day. If he wants to buy me flowers, fine, wait until the day after. Then, he can get them for me dirt cheap. However, if he wants to buy me chocolate covered cherries, I don't stop him. :hide

I was in Wally World today, and they had a mini rose bush for sale. So, I got it for him. I'm hoping it will do well. Then, we can have roses all year long w/out having to keep buying them.