rty007 winemaking Q

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I would wonder about the import laws on eggs.

I think you can overnight just about anything to anywhere these days. I might cost a fortune however.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Farmfresh - Good idea about using the summertime to make the brooding stage easy. It's so easy to want to do everything as soon as it's spring - but waiting a little longer for chicks makes sense.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rty007 said:
thank you both very much ;)

further on, on chickens

would hatching eggs survive the trip over the big puddle? :) couse I really seam to have trouble finding the breeds I want.

OR if anyone is from UK and I am sure There is someone but I can't remember who, maybe they have some online hatcheries which would ship to Poland?
:frow

Hi there,
I sent you a PM earlier about buying hatching eggs from the UK. I was confused as to where you were living. Now I realise you are still in Poland.

Firstly you need to contact the right authority in your own country to find out what the regulations for importing fertile chickens eggs are before you start any enquiries abroad.

I very much doubt that it would be possible to get permission for it, without having to spend a fortune on the process.

At the moment rules are very tough because of all the animal/bird related illnesses we have had in the last decade.

Sorry to be so down on your project but I think it is very important to be responsible in our plans. After all we could trigger another large outbreak of a virus. :-(

Hattie

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No permissions needed, just a form to fill that you acquired such birds, and where are they from(the breeder)

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Hi again rty, :D

Sorry but I have just been on line to check out your info & I found this document ( blessedly in English)!

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...Oq1Ypv&sig=AHIEtbRJB3iaWs6qrY8aJc1XBYXLkYR0BQ

Page 3.See section labelled " Product Coverage"

At the end of the document (page 11) in " Annex 1" it lists the exceptions to the scheme & bird's eggs are one of them, along with live poultry, pigs etc

Hattie

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Something I just thought I would post since It will soon be a boom of baby shippies which also means some sheep milk, a POLISH cheese it is even now protected by the European Union name for Poles, form a specific part of Poland.. BUT i guess you could make yourself some;) Oscypek

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That cheese reminds me of Easter eggs. It sure looks pretty.

I have to get my Pysanki kit out, so I can start my egg decorating ;)
I am considering having an egg decorating party the weekend before Easter. I better start saving those nearly white eggs and blow them out.

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Do people in general make pisanki in U.S. or are those your European roots coming out? Couse from what I remember you have those right?

What method are you using?

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well...

I don't want to say to much just yet, until I sit down and talk to my dear mother, but I may just have a way to make everybody happy.