Super excited, might be expanding our land!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Andy has been mentioning buying the land beside us for forever and a half now. Unfortunately, that's all the further it's gone. FINALLY, I've been on his butt, and he asked around and finally got the name AND found out that it's going up for Sheriff's sale in a few months! We're going to see if we can buy it super cheap from him, then pay the taxes back. Yes, we could wait for the sale, BUT, we really don't want to risk some idiot buying it and moving beside us. Not only would we loose the chance at some great land, we'd have to worry about neighbors right close to us, AND we'd have to deal with the deconstruction and construction. So, anyways, he tried to call, but didn't get through. I'm super excited. If it goes up, it'll be super cheap. If we buy it, it'll still be pretty cheap (going by what the guy offered for us to buy it before). Our property is two "lots", this property contains three, so we'll be more than doubling our property, and won't be spending a lot to do it!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thats GREAT!! :fl :fl :fl
Keep us posted....I hope it all works out for ya's!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Keep trying! Besides calling, write a letter if you can't get through. Maybe not mentioning you know it is going up for sheriff's sale as that might be embarassing. Just talk about how you have wanted it for ages and are just now financially able to buy it. Is he close enough you could leave a note on his door?
Good luck!