THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you can eat radish greens, right? I just thinned the little buggers, and have the trimmed up shoots sitting on the cutting board. I'd like to have them with dinner tonight. Should I cook them first?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have seen recipes for stir fry used on radish greens, but I have never tried any. More on my list of things to try this summer. ;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have wondered about the radish greens too. I am not a cooked greens lover.... But it does seem wasteful to throw away all those big beautiful leaves.

Nice job FF :)

Eggplant parm in on the menu.......:drool

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Dace said:
I have wondered about the radish greens too. I am not a cooked greens lover.... But it does seem wasteful to throw away all those big beautiful leaves.

Oh I never throw them away at least... the hens love them!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Dace said:

Oh I never throw them away at least... the hens love them!
No more little hennies here for me :(
No goats
No plant eaters at all.
No room for a compost bin.

And the dog wasnt interested :gig

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't have very much, and I stir fried them a bit with onions and used them as a "dressing" for a salmon cutlet we had last night. pretty tasty.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Planted about 25 "Mammoth" sunflower seeds tonight in my bed with my cranberry bushes. The crocus plants are done for the season in between the bushes. Too much other stuff tonight to do much else.

raiquee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
5/10 - Planted about...30ish strawberry plants into my strawberry patch. Also noticed my seeds that I started in a flat outside have started sprouting. Yay! Radishes are getting bigger, as is all the seedlings. Had to take out a baby bunny the other day, was digging up my garden! :somad Where ever we move to, I do plan on fencing in the garden, and possibly running a low lying electrical wire to keep bunnys out. No point in fencing in this year tho.

Nothing for harvest yet. Tom transplants are getting their true leaves and starting to take off. I think they may be on the small end for my transplant date, but will quickly catch up once in the ground. I did get a kitchen scale to weigh in the harvest this year!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I need to pick more asparagus in the morning. In just 3 days, one spear is over 2 feet tall.

Called my favorite gardening center, they won't have these awesome thai chili pepper plants I grew last year in stock for at least another 2 weeks yet.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My bush beans are coming up nicely :D Corn is about a foot tall now, counted nine tomatoes on the vines :woot this afternoon, and the pole beans are doing great as well. Squash and pumpkins are looking great, taters too, and the pepper plants have DOUBLED in size since last week and have tiny baby peppers on them now!! Onions are looking oniony, and garlic is galicky :lol: Peas...and the one single broccoli who survived...looks good. Snails are gone ;)

I picked some more turnip greens today and a couple baby carrots as well.

I also found a boatLOAD of HUGE worms around the place the other day while hunting down snakes and promptly put them in a bucket added a little manure and some veggie peelings and such and all hundred or so of them seem happy as a pig in mud :D Vermicomposting has began!!! That will be great for the garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.