Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
coolness!

we stil on for a roof raising tomorrow, just let me know what time is good, im going to take eveyhting down to the back feild today so everythings ready to go to put the roof on so it shoudlnt take long :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Would it hurt your feelings if I said I can't come tomorrow morning? I probably can toward the afternoon, but what started as a fence turned into a fence, a duck pool moving a towering brush pile and future talks of fencing in an additional 10 acres, and partnering on some other types of expensive birds like the Cream Legbars, and getting set up with peafowl, and maybe even partnering up on some mini cattle etc. etc. :th I'm not sure really what all this guy has in mind, but him and his wife were very impressed with our work today and want us back tomorrow for about a half day before they leave for a week on their cruise. I will have to help feed his 100+ chickens 50+ducks pigs cows and whatever else he has I haven't seen yet :lol: while they vacation. :hu

I thought it was a one day thing and I'd be home by lunch time......I was SO WRONG!! I am beat!!! And I still have to cook dinner and didn't thaw anything...and my back is SCREAMING! We didn't even take lunch, didn't stop for lunch, and wasn't expecting to be there that long anyway.

Interesting though Pinky, they're from England :lol: She's from London, and he's from, and I quote, "a little town I don't even worry about mentioning the name because nobody here knows it anyway about 1 hour outside of London, so, I'm from London too" :lol: That guy cracks me up. he reminds me of your dad a bit, except he's only like 32 I think he said.

Anyway......off to figure out what's for dinner tonight. Days like this, I REALLY miss eating out because it's so much simpler and way less work :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no problem, money is important lol
Ellen says shell come in the morning and be my hold things in place and picker-upper person so i think i should be able to get it done :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'll call you when I get done with that job to check in and see if you need me then. I'll have two guys with me that can do it blindfolded :lol:

I am SO SORE! Hope we get finished up by 10 or 11 tomorrow, unless J adds more work to the order :p I truly hope not at this point, it's already more than what I bargained for!

We have two new roomates for the moment. Drama. Long story. Kinda playin it by ear at this point.

Crazy days.....CrAzY!

I'll see you all tomorrow. :frow

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well Pinky since ya didn't answer i didn't come out. Looks like ya'll got it though :D Good job!

We got the rest of the posts set yesterday, and I got roped into going feed every day :lol: I don't mind anyway, it's just 9 days, and it pays good. We have the opportunity to bid the job pouring the concrete for the new duck ponds. It's roughly a $10K job, so it'd be good if we could get it. Today I have to go over and catch a flock of his birds that are diseased. I promised I'd have them gone ASAP, and it's only about 30 birds. We've been finding a couple dead ones every day out there. I actually got someone to come take them for $25, full disclosure, they think they may be able to save a few of them. They all got upper respiratory infection and swollen eyes, except for about 10 or so who are showing no signs....yet. So, maybe the $25 will cover his feed costs since he's had them at least. Then I have to get their area cleaned up, and disinfect all the feeders, waterers, coop, and nest boxes. It should be pretty quick and we will be back home to begin work on the greenhouse by lunchtime. We should be able to get that knocked out today too. I HOPE! If I can get my helpers in gear we will definately be able to.

I got a kinda disturbing call yesterday. One of DD's friends moms called to tell me she had heard from her DD that mine had been sneaking out and going to parties :/ If she is I WILL catch her and turn her little world upside down. She best be having her butt at home at night! I have heard the window opening at night, but don't know if she went out it or not. I'll be watching though, and if I catch her going out, I will DEFINATELY catch her going back in and plan to scare the mess right out of her. I have friends she doesn't know that can fake snatch her as she comes back to the house, and terrify her for a while and then call me. That's what she faces if she is doing it, so maybe she could use a reality check. Is that too mean?

Anyway....memorial service for our pastors mom is tonight. I plan to be home MUCH earlier today than yesterday. I didn't get in till almost 10 o'clock last night :/ I think the service is at 4 this afternoon, and after that, it's straight home. I'm not leaving the house again, and nobody else is either :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
grr ihate my cellphone, didnt even tell me id missed a call...
ill be happy to see that stupid thing go too i pay all that money each month and it cant even tell me someone tried to call me...*shakes head*
we did manage to get most of it done, but if i need an extra set of hands with hanigng the doors ill et you know, doubt itll be today though :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
lol alrighty sis :)

I worked at the farm again today. We got rid of that flock, moved 4 coops, and chased down a rogue banty over about 2 acres and into a swimming pool where I had to rescue his silly little tail :lol: Fed the other 40 ish coops of birds and came home. We got the pile of gravel knocked way down, and got most of the floor of the greenhouse covered. Now we need to move the tomato plants in, and get lettuces, spinach and such started in there in bins. I am SO behind here at home!!!! :p The guy sent me another $100 today though for taking care of everything and saving a bunch of his best birds. Then he offered me a job. It's about too good to say no, but....I am pretty busy to be tied to a 40 hour job...so I am on the fence about it. It'd be $1200 a month salary with 4 weeks paid vacation and other benefits to be discussed later. I'm wondering how much I can delegate to someone else and pay them out of mine to increase my flexibility. Basically it's just feeding and managing a bunch of birds a few cows and pigs and maintaining their health. I can train someone to handle the feeding, and check them myself daily for signs of illness or injury, and clean the coops on a rotational schedule. Well, anyway, I am bouncing a crapload of ideas around in my head right now on how to handle it, how to manage my time with it, and how to proceed. I have 8 days left to figure out whether I want to take it, and possibly come up with a counter offer cutting my hours back a bit. It only takes 2 hours to feed and maintain rotation of the coops to new grass. If we have sick birds it could take a bit longer. The most difficult issues I see is he is going to have educational workshops eventually and the biosecurity that will be necessity is going to be a friggin nightmare! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love being meeeeeeeeeee :lol:

I gotta say, I do have a GREAT crew right now and one is definately looking for long term work in this particular area. I just have to make sure to not teach them EVERYTHING I know and train myself out of a job ;) We'll see.

Otherwise my day has been boring old same old work :hu I do think shovelling wet gravel helped work the kinks out of my back though :D It feels better anyway.