What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

ok, thanks, i know what those are i just figured from the size of the garden pictures you've posted that you were watering from a well so it never came through my peabrain that you'd have anything like that happening.

and with all those cattle too! i'd hate to see those waterbills!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ... As to garlic & containers. I have very good soil, loamy, some sand. Used to be a p-nut field on a large farm. Plus my weather is typically not severe - although we sometimes get a touch of snow, cold winds. Like, my ground doesn't freeze past an inch during even those extreme episode, then only in spots. Yeah, I'm still thinking I'll give em a go, south side of house.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a catalog from Fedco with fruit trees, root stock and berries and stuff... Interesting...
I do plan to write them with notes on the potatoes I grew, yields, what I liked / didn't like. I have written some notes to myself on the "garden plan" I had on the notebook paper as I planted things.
Tomatoes and all are done for sure... Had 39 last night. Might be a few peppers left out there to pick...
We were dry also and did not get what I got the year before; and that was much more neglected from the knees being "new".... but we had more water...
Not going to complain... next year the garden will get changed around some... expanded in one direction... and I hope to add more stuff to the one side that is not as productive; that side is closer to the property line and the pine trees across the fence. I suspect that lime will be in the future here also.

This the one you received?
IMG_20231009_194413213~2.jpg

if so, look at page 55 - 56. I may do a 100 foot log row 😁. Plugs seem reasonably priced also. But need to research more first though.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes @CrealCritter ; that is the one I got. Mushrooms.... Hmmm... interesting... not something that really interests me to try to grow.....although I do like to eat them... but I am no connoisseur of them... just sauteed in butter on steaks or in salads or on an occasional pizza.....
There is a guy that sells the logs at the Highland County Maple Festival every March in Highland County Va .... already to take home and grow... never been tempted to try them...
You will probably do good with them...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
looks like a nice day out there today so i will try to get some part of a garden put up for winter. a few hours of sunshine, fresh air and some digging will be good for me and also let me get a few of these bags of shelled out bean pods out of my room. the worms will be very happy. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3 hours of a beautiful day out in the gardens getting a part of one ready for winter and also buried some bags of bean pods that had been shelled out. :)

my body felt it and i quit at the right time and feel ok now, but i do know i did something today i'd not done much of for the past few weeks. could use a few more weeks of days like today.