What did you do in your garden today?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The youth organization I am part of put in a rain garden for the city of Akron today as a volunteer project
20231104_133146.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
6 hours, 10 kids sleeping well tonight. Lol
The site was dug up, had to get the sod out, level the ground, build downhill berms, spread mulch, lay pavers, plant, and then clean everything up
Dang, that was pretty involved! Do they hire out? I could use some hard workers like that around here, lol.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Son and his fiance plus my youngest daughter came over late afternoon yesterday. Son and I walked the property, talking. Two does in the front yard next door. He and I both were eying a batch in the yard along the side with the unmowed plot for potential garden. Jumped two more does. Going to have to think long and hard on deer prevention measures.

Wife asked him if we had it all planned out. He said (unbidden), "nope we need to walk some more in the full daylight so the property can tell us what to do". My heart swelled

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I put more seeds in the dirt. Trying to start some cabbage by direct sowing in the garden. I staked down a clear plastic cup over the seeds to act as a mini-greenhouse. Hope it works! If not, I've got more seeds, lol.

Got rutabaga seeds today. I'll try to get them in the ground tomorrow.